• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Nancy Coffey Literary & Media Representation

Saltier

Small towns fuel escapism
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the requests :)

Got my R, but glad to get the feedback.

AuburnAssassin

Darkly Romantic Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
clairegillian.wordpress.com
Still waiting here... :( I hope my email didn't get sucked up into cyberspace. She said all responses would be out by 5 PM EST, that's only 35 more minutes.

Congrats to Cuteshoes (like that screen name!)

Ruth2

Tam, na Koncu Drevoreda
Registered
Reaction score
Still waiting here... :( I hope my email didn't get sucked up into cyberspace. She said all responses would be out by 5 PM EST, that's only 35 more minutes.

Congrats to Cuteshoes (like that screen name!)

Me too AA. No news here yet either...

litgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Got mine in the last two minutes. Not detailed, but very helpful...

sciri

Maxine Fan
Registered
Reaction score
I received my response this morning but it had no feedback. In fact, it had less information than the form rejection I'd received a few weeks ago. Not for her.

Same here... :(
I guess it means that the query's good though, right?

aSilverRing

Registered
Reaction score
Ecstatic to report a request for the first 50 pp. here. Just hope they live up to the query, which has been years in process, including multiple stints on QLH.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
It does seem like she maybe gave a little more feedback at the beginning of the day. Mine (which she had rejected before) had some very specific things she pointed out. A lot of my friends got "it doesn't sound big enough" or word count issues (even when the word count and genre was the same as mine)

sciri

Maxine Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm curious to see the stats tomorrow. I think towards the end of the day she just got tired and also had this "editor" emergency... That's OK, on my end I'm happy because I take it that there was nothing that jumped at her as outrageous...

Ruth2

Tam, na Koncu Drevoreda
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm curious to see the stats tomorrow. I think towards the end of the day she just got tired and also had this "editor" emergency... That's OK, on my end I'm happy because I take it that there was nothing that jumped at her as outrageous...

Me too. She led me to believe she was weary of my subject matter. At least she didn't say the query itself was horrid. So I came away okay with it. Polished it up and sent it off to someone else.

AuburnAssassin

Darkly Romantic Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
clairegillian.wordpress.com
Mine was "don't use an acronym in the first sentence, said she didn't get it until later in the query (which I read as "I stuck with it and eventually got it"), said it might deter other agents from reading on (which is good feedback), but ultimately it came down to the dreaded "just not for me" reason. So I take that as "even if you fix the acronym problem, it's still not going to be for me." Sigh...

zephyers1

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else still have a full in with Joanna? Any news, Sarah Christine? Almost at the month mark since sending in my requested MG MS, which according to QT may be past her typical interest date?

redlady1

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else still have a full in with Joanna? Any news, Sarah Christine? Almost at the month mark since sending in my requested MG MS, which according to QT may be past her typical interest date?

In my personal experience (two submissions), it takes her about 6 weeks to respond so you're well within her response time. So hang in there!

Sarah Christine

I think you can do better.
Registered
Reaction score
Where did the floor go? (This is not an existentia
Finally got the anticipated R, but it was super encouraging! She had a good many positive things to say and I totally understand and respect her point of view. If I don't get any interest in the last subs I have out, I'm definitely giving her priority when I query my next project!

To everyone else still waiting, good luck!