Supreme Commander 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lhun

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else try this yet? I just did, and bloody hell, what a disappointment. It's like i'm playing a fucking Blizzard RTS and not a Supreme Commander game. The economy was changed from a constant in/out flow principle to the usual "save up and buy". Weapon ranges are were great in SupCom and FA, and in 2, a tank can barely shoot as far as three times its length. The maps look really great, but the changed scale makes all the units look like plastic toys in comparison.
What a waste of a great name this was.

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
Agreed on most counts. I don't mind the stockpile method so much, but the 'research tree' looked way too much like a Warcraft talent tree for my taste. I really didn't like that the research starts at zero on most maps either. It wasn't a matter of building bigger facilities or upgrading existing factories. You simply *can't* build a unit until you put the time into the research. Did they just forget how to build it? Annoying and made no sense.

Also the story was a complete waste of time. I mean, if you're not going to do it right, then why even bother? I don't need a driving narrative to my RTS wargamges. Just point me at the other guys and say 'They use red paint and are therefore evil. Go!'

Lhun

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. I don't mind the story so much, i mean, it's apparently what sells games, and i don't actually have to pay attention to it if i don't want to. But i hate when a sequel to a good game completely messes up the gameplay to just be another carbon copy of the current in-game.
Well, at least they kept the SupCom interface and didn't turn that into a microing-orgy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.