Blogger Scheduled Outage - If you know, post it here!

huntwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
members.shaw.ca
It's 7:15 pm Pacific time and I just tried to get to my blog and the following message appeared.
[font=arial,sans-serif]Maintenence[/font]
Blogger/BlogSpot Network Outage

We are currently down for network maintenence from 7pm to 8pm PST.

huntwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
members.shaw.ca
aka eraser said:
I've been getting
Please republish your blog in 10 minutes.

For the last 2 hours.

I get this too sometimes but when it happens it's because my connection is very slow at this times. We have high speed cable connection but for some unbeknown reason it sometimes slows down, allmost to a grinding hold.

A few times I could not log into blogger, an error message would come up saying "this blog does not exist" but it had to do with the connection being slow at that time.

In this cases I usually hit the refresh button and will do the trick. At least that's how it works for me.

huntwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
members.shaw.ca
NicoleJLeBoeuf said:
I have nothing useful to add except that when this subject showed up in a New Posts search, I thought it said Blogger Scheduled Outrage--and I thought, "Well, yeah."
:ROFL::ROFL:It must be a very funny day thats the 2nd. time somebody made me laugh here. Keep it up, I need it badly today. Government dealings, it's bound to upset you.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I don't know if Blogger is having issues or doing server work tonight, but I've had some trouble posting comments (and on one blog it just hung there not taking me to the comments page at all).

kathompson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kathompson.blogspot.com
Blogger was having major problems yesterday. I'm inching more and more to thinking I need to suck it up and figure out how to install WordPress and just move mine.

Is it just me, or has Blogger had more problems than usual lately...?

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
kathompson said:
Blogger was having major problems yesterday. I'm inching more and more to thinking I need to suck it up and figure out how to install WordPress and just move mine.

Is it just me, or has Blogger had more problems than usual lately...?

A few weeks ago, Blogger was giving me so many problems and I got no response from tech help except a reference to their FAQs, which was completely irrelevant to the problems I was having, so I ditched blogger and moved my blogs to LiveJournal.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm hanging in with Blogger for a while longer - their connection with Google, the way I get some traffic from their "next blog" feature and the time I've invested in the current template all motivate me to stick with it.

That said, I've really not noticed it being any worse than usual. But it can be frustrating when it's not available when I want it to be.

Deleted member 42

Almost every time I see the title of this thread, I mis-read it as "Blogger Scheduled Outrage."

That is all.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Medievalist said:
Almost every time I see the title of this thread, I mis-read it as "Blogger Scheduled Outrage."

That is all.
Lol!! and yes, it is...

sthrnwriter said:
There is a scheduled outage for today from 4 to 4:45 pm PST for planned maintenance.

Thank you!

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Monday, April 24, 2006

Blogger.com will be down on April 24 2006 from 4 pm PDT to 4:45 pm PDT due to planned maintenance. We’re sorry about the one-two unplanned/planned outage punch today, but we need to do some database maintenance. You will still be able to view your blogs during the outage. Be assured that when Blogger.com comes back, it will be shinier and happier than ever.

More here: http://status.blogger.com/

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Unique!

I have been trying for a couple of days to 'republish' my index with some changes I made to some broken links. It hasn't been successful yet. Hope later tonite it will. I have new duckie pictures :) The boy duckie is now walking around with the girl in our back yard. He's a noisy one.

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Dawno said:
Thank you Unique!

I have been trying for a couple of days to 'republish' my index with some changes

I was getting that last night, where it sticks at 0%.

0%

0%

0%

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I am having publishing problems again. Anyone expierencing the same thing? I thought they fixed this already.

BlueTexas

Back from self-exile land.
Registered
Reaction score
I can't get to anyone's blogger blog this morning. What's up there?