Big shoe falls

Catherine

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What sickens and disenheartens me more than the power players doing this is the many, many voters cheering them on. I never really undestood how many Americans would sell their own country into despotism just to see a few pet hatreds and ideals validated. They never really wanted a democracy or the responsibilities of being educated and aware voters.

Many of those same people think they are the enlightened ones and Democrats are just a bunch of "brainwashed libtards". They think we are low information voters. It's ironic and frightening at the same time. I've heard many who think Trump is doing "God's work." (smh)

At the same time, I believe the average voter does not keep track of politics on a regular basis. To the casual observer, it may very well look like the left is Chicken Little. It seems every week there is a call to action because the sky is falling. And yet I do have my senators and representative programmed into my phone--because the sky is falling.

It's upsetting when the Republicans who know better do nothing. They should be calling 45 out, but are not. Ryan, McConnell, and Graham are complicit. It seems they care more about getting reelected than they do about our democracy.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
What most "conservatives" fail to recognize is that the major topic of discussion (Donald Trump) is long past being a conservative/liberal debate. If Mike Pence became President, we could at least get back to that more familiar ground. But right now, what we have is a horrifying juvenile caricature of a human being holding the triggers to the most destructive weapons on the planet, and daring us to stop him from using them. That is way beyond the normal spectrum of a political debate.

caw

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Supposedly, Trump's team is claiming that particular tweet was written by Trump's lawyer.

Which actually makes it worse, I think.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/03/politics/flynn-firing-dowd-tweet/index.html

If my lawyer had hacked my Twitter account and made a statement that might incriminate me, that lawyer would not have had the time to see the door hinges on the way out. That Dowd is still employed by Trump is a clear sign this is a case of a foot soldier taking a bullet for the boss.

-cb

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/03/politics/flynn-firing-dowd-tweet/index.html

If my lawyer had hacked my Twitter account and made a statement that might incriminate me, that lawyer would not have had the time to see the door hinges on the way out. That Dowd is still employed by Trump is a clear sign this is a case of a foot soldier taking a bullet for the boss.

-cb

I was thinking the same thing. His explanation makes absolutely no sense because no lawyer (or no lawyer who wished to remain a lawyer) would do such a stupid and unethical thing as impersonating a client, let alone impersonating the POTUS. And why he would fall on his sword for Trump is baffling since once Trump is gone he will be looking for employment elsewhere - if anyone would be willing to hire an admitted computer hacker and liar.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. His explanation makes absolutely no sense because no lawyer (or no lawyer who wished to remain a lawyer) would do such a stupid and unethical thing as impersonating a client, let alone impersonating the POTUS.

The absurdity of this claim is purely laughable, less believable even than the comical explanation offered by the Nixon White House for that infamous 18-minute gap in the Watergate tapes. Dowd should immediately be the subject of a disbarment proceeding on the grounds of violating the most obvious of professional ethics. But it does let Hillary Clinton off the hook for those e-mails, doesn't it? Hey, somebody on my staff issued those, not me.

caw

Last edited:

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Today Trump's lawyer is asserting that it is impossible for Donald Trump to commit obstruction of justice simply because he is POTUS.

Like, yeah, that defense worked so very well for Richard Nixon. Dowd should be disbarred simply for stupidity.

caw

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Supposedly, Trump's team is claiming that particular tweet was written by Trump's lawyer.

Which actually makes it worse, I think.

Except that, as a number of lawyers have pointed out, legal professionals do not say “pled guilty.” They say “pleaded guilty.”

Whoever wrote that tweet, they said, does not know proper legal terminology.

Davy The First

Registered
Reaction score
I do wonder if Kushner is sending out feelers to Mueller, to see if maybe he can cut a deal....

Lol. He does come across as a bit, em, absent-minded, the bauld K - to the point of not saving his skin until he gets his collar checked.. Can't see him sacrificing himself for his Daddy-In-Law when it is checked, that's for sure.

The more I think of it, the more I suspect Muller's going for something rock solid, like Money Laundering charges against Trump, with rock solid proof - enough to engineer the idea of fear of actual indictment, as Muller knows the GOP will never impeach. He might couple that with some juice he no doubt has, on a few Gopers...

Last edited:

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone want to venture a guess as to what today's ranting tweet storm will be about to distract from the Deutsche Bank subpoena?

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone want to venture a guess as to what today's ranting tweet storm will be about to distract from the Deutsche Bank subpoena?
LaVar Ball.

Hands down.

Or up, as he pulled his son from UCLA.

-cb

TCnKC

Registered
Reaction score

I think we were heading towards this regardless but yes, it def looks like a timed display. This administrations idea of 'peace in the middle east' has always been give everything to Israel that they want and force others to obey. That's been the war cry from most of their base for years. That we 'don't defend Israel enough' or 'Israel is God's people so they come first' etc nonsense.

Just further tensions. More chaos or worse.

Teinz

Back at it again.
Registered
Reaction score
It's like lighting the neighbors' house on fire to distract the cops searching your place for evidence. Will probably work, too.

Davy The First

Registered
Reaction score
I think we were heading towards this regardless but yes, it def looks like a timed display. This administrations idea of 'peace in the middle east' has always been give everything to Israel that they want and force others to obey. That's been the war cry from most of their base for years. That we 'don't defend Israel enough' or 'Israel is God's people so they come first' etc nonsense.

Just further tensions. More chaos or worse.
Who'd have thought the Book of Revelations would become the main driver in so much of the world's potential future?

Last edited: