Hello, I'm a newbie!

anneboleyn

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have been lurking for a while now, mostly reading the YWO threads (I'm one who just cancelled yesterday! Ha!)

I came across a very helpful website today called 'LitMatch - agent search and submission tracking' and was wondering whether anyone else has found it useful?

If you'd like to check it out the URL is:

www.litmatch.net

It seems to be a pretty good site, as you can track your submissions (for agents worldwide) and see how many get rejected etc...or not! Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Welcome to AW, AnnBoleyn, There's a lot of material on agents and publishing within these walls that might add to the one's you've already checked. Read the Newbie Guide at the top of the page, a fierce-looking but friendly dragon will amble along later to give you more directions. Settle in and make yourself comfortable, explore, and have a great time! (watch out for Henry, Ann, I hear he isn't the kind of king queens stay married to for long) :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and :welcome:

Rachel

Stuff and nonsense.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome anneboleyn! :welcome:

anneboleyn

Registered
Reaction score
Hehe - I'm a big fan of The Tudors too! I love reading history books but have no problem with artistic licence either..thanks for all your greetings

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, Anne! I've used litmatch.com, too.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

This place is huge with a lot of stuff going on and lots of great people giving out great advice. It can be tricky to navigate and a lot of people lose their heads easily. Let's hope you don't lose yours. :D

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, which is in a sticky thread at the top of the Newbie Forum. If you have any problems you can PM (private message) me and I'll see if I can help, or you can post in the Super-Dooper Newbie 'Ask the Mod' thread at the top of the newbie forum.

You should also check out Cathy_C's thread, which is also stickied at the top of the Newbie forum, Next on our tour, if you'll look to the left, you'll notice... This thread will tell you all you need to know about the various buttons and icons, and also about rep points, how to PM (private message) members, custom avatars and a whole host of other useful stuff.

Then for fun, don't forget to stop by the terrific Newbie Question of the Day thread. Just pop in and have a go at answering a few of the really easy questions (the link is in the sig line below). They are easy. Yep, they are. And it's so much fun.

We also have a brand new Super-Dooper Newbie 'Traditional Irish Pub' thread where you can come and relax, have a drink and practice posting whilst chatting to other newbies and not so new newbies .

Oh, and do you like double choc-chip cookies? :D