Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the draft, Kewii, and the edits, Parump!

I discovered Friday that I won't be traveling next month, so I'm seriously considering a NaNo month for January, since I couldn't commit in November. Woke up to a shiny new idea (as if I didn't have enough already, but I'm thinking maybe it is a sign). Hope you all are well!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of NaNo, my brain has already thought of possible things for next April, July(?) and November. Not good.

Jessica_312

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm define "Old"? I'm 26, definitely far removed from being a teen, and I writes for teens, so.... do I count? :D

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I turned twenty in June. I count.

Could someone help me out with a book for uni? Roland Barthes - Camera Lucida?

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know that book, Lisa

:welcome: Jessica! And also Itsaplane!

The "old" is a tongue-in-cheek response to Teens Writing for Teens. We welcome all ages :D

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Jessica 312! I'm the one truly "old" guy on the board. (But don't you dare let me know it). Everyone else is a whippersnapper. I think to really write about teens, you have to have lived through those years. Write on, girl. And welcome. I'm a relative newcomer to the board, but everyone's pretty dang nice around these parts.

Blarg

Banned
Reaction score
I turned twenty in June. I count.

Could someone help me out with a book for uni? Roland Barthes - Camera Lucida?

Read it. It's very good. Read all the Barthes you can get your hands on. Popular works suitable for lay readers include Mythologies, The Eiffel Tower, and A Lover's Discourse.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, beta changes are done except that I have to go through and cut down my characters' speeches (haha, I have a few) and also look for unnecessary traveling (I know this is mostly in the added stuff because there's a lot of walking/running and talking). That's a paper and ink revision, yay!

Oh, and the danger of taking a break from your NaNo novel before doing the first read is that everything is fascinating and nothing seems as bad as you remembered it. At least if you're me. I'm really going to have to discipline myself to rewrite that thing.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Sage - whatever happened to your R&R? (I'm close to finishing this month, hoping to send it back by the end of, or beginning of February if I nail the last part)

Hi Kansas!! We need to chat about American Horror Story--at least season 1 :D

:welcome: everyone!!!!

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
Smiley! PM or email me. We'll chat up American Horror Story like there's no tomorrow.

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
The old people thread needs a pop up or something to reassure new members that they really aren't "old."

Finally back in the swing of things in writing, trying to get through a first draft. I love my first drafts too, Sage. It is hard to turn off the love and fix the stuff that is wrong. Once I get into the revision process, then it is all too easy to find the bad stuff.

Trying to muster the gumption to do some freelance work tonight and I am not feeling it.

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Happy Last Day of the Year, everyone! I'm thinking about celebrating with a mani and pedi later today. But I'll need to call to make sure it's not super busy at the place first -_-

I finished my second draft yesterday :) Woot. So happy. I plan to go in today and check a few things that I know I want to change, but I do think the book is coming together nicely :)

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
So third world problems and all...but I'm afraid to eat my lunch because our maid is here and I figure I'll make a mess of the things she's cleaned.

I hope she leaves soon so I can eat my pad thai -_-

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday.

My current writing problem - as taken from Twitter:

So my brain had an idea: Prepare to write loads of ideas and pick NaNo ideas at the time. #ParagonAcademy will be #coursework until I get .. ... back into the zone or Valentine's Day, when I will definitely be working on #StupidCupid again. Crazy, I know, but should I do it or not?

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Happy Birthday!

Apparently there is a writing group in Kuwait! I've just emailed them about joining. It makes me nervous, though. Any of you ever joined a group before?

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
I'm not a teen anymore...so I guess I should spend my days in here. Hi everyone!

Dorothy- your cover like, really grabs me. I'm a loser for really pretty covers that are artsy because I love art and oh man. I just wanna make out with your cover. I'm totally gonna read the book ( My Sister's Reaper) after I make sweet love to that cover oh man. Excuse me while I go stare at it some more.

Welcome, itsaplane! And I have to agree, Dorothy's cover is gorgeous.

:3 Hello, everyone. It's bee a loooooooong time since posting here. I got busy, lol. Between writing and teaching myself how to knit, I haven't quite had the time. :3 But I'm going to change that, starting tomorrow, since today is officially my birthday.

Welcome back, and happy birthday! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.