XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my. Our opposition leader was behaving so badly that he got thrown out of question time. Not the first to ever have that happen, but the first in about 20 years.
Wait... that can happen? I now live in hope that at some point I get to see Ed Miliband thrown out during PMQs.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Who doesn't want space rabbits. :D

Watch Night Of The Lepus. Much better...

:popcorn:

Wait... that can happen? I now live in hope that at some point I get to see Ed Miliband thrown out during PMQs.

My favorite moment of proper "serious" news television ever is Two Jags taking a swing at a voter. To this day I still believe that The Road Warrior should be used as a way to choose our leaders - "two men enter, one man leaves."

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning.

Poo my laptop charger is busted and now the battery is dead. No writing for me today. :(

And apparently I'm allergic to some tree or bush here at the new place that I've never encountered before. I'm sneezing like crazy and have the whole itchy /watery eye thing. Thank goodness for allergy meds.

Not the best start for a Monday.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
And apparently I'm allergic to some tree or bush here at the new place that I've never encountered before. I'm sneezing like crazy and have the whole itchy /watery eye thing. Thank goodness for allergy meds.

You immediately suspect a tree or bush? That's plantist. Haven't you considered that you might be getting an allergy to Mondays?

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
You immediately suspect a tree or bush? That's plantist. Haven't you considered that you might be getting an allergy to Mondays?

I tried using that excuse when I was in high school but my mom told me it was impossible. So I don't think it's Monday.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Good morning.

Poo my laptop charger is busted and now the battery is dead. No writing for me today. :(

Aww. I hope it gets better. And maybe you can write on your phone? Or even just make up ideas on your phone?

I have been into town.I have shopped. I have survived.

I want :Coffee:

Here, have mine, I'm off to bed.

Peace and love guys :)

*falls face-first into mattress*

Shoestring

Junior Space Janitor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiding from mountain trolls. Do you smell fish?
At risk of pulling the Cantina back into the crime-related darkness it has only recently crept out of, I present this:

My Hometown Murders that I mentioned a while back...

ION, Good mornin', good mornin'!
It's great to stay up late,
good mornin', good mornin' to you.

Here, have mine, I'm off to bed.

Peace and love guys :)

*falls face-first into mattress*

Except you. Good-night to you. :D

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
So I caught myself doing something a little hilarious and lots of obsessive yesterday:

I was unconsciously monitoring my adverb usage in conversation. Every time I used one, my brain went "Zing! Adverb! Adverb!"

:dire::e2paperba

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Good day folks. I'm actually sleepy for once and will be attempted to catch up while it's quiet as soon as I finish this chamomile. Yay.

Well, this thread took a depressing turn.

*throws puppies around*

Nooooo! Don't throw the puppies!

*wide-eyed slack-jawed face of abject horror*

This is a cantina-wide bulletin.

Found: One sadness squid, answering to name of Sidney. Seems to have been wandering for a few days and looks a little thin. Please claim promptly before I hit it with a frying pan which I keep purely for cartoon recreation purposes.

:Hug2:s, Ali.

And here, borrow this cast iron skillet...

I imagine script polishers sitting around saying "have we offended the blacks, the gays and the lefties yet" while penning in more explosions, car chases and helicopter shots.

:roll:

Sad but true.

Because this thread seems to have just died, I'm giving out hugs for free, just because I feel in the mood :D

:e2arms: :e2grouphu

Oh yay! Free hugs! *tacklesnuggles the Sian*

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*rises*

*wipes off ashes*

I could have used more sleep, but sleep was good.

Now to go shower and find the vet so he can teach me things. Then get ready for work again.

You know, I'm feeling less like my phoenix namesame already. :e2thud:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Not florist? ;)

Play nice, or I'll start linking to YouTube videos of Batman & Robin with all of Poison Ivy's scenes. Then the Mr Freeze scenes.

I'd like to see what you guys are able to write after your brains turn to sludge...

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to see what you guys are able to write after your brains turn to sludge...

Sadly, if you've been to SYW, you've probably already seen what happens when my brain turns to sludge.

But there's a tiling company here run by a family, surname Taylor. They put up a billboard ad a while back that was nothing but gleaming hardwood floors and the words, "Need a floorist? Call a Taylor."

ION, trying to sleep normally in the day = fail. Debating taking melatonin.

Shoestring

Junior Space Janitor
Registered
Reaction score
Play nice, or I'll start linking to YouTube videos of Batman & Robin with all of Poison Ivy's scenes. Then the Mr Freeze scenes.

Is it wrong of me that I actually want to see those?

But there's a tiling company here run by a family, surname Taylor. They put up a billboard ad a while back that was nothing but gleaming hardwood floors and the words, "Need a floorist? Call a Taylor."

Now that is my kind of humor. :ROFL:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Is it wrong of me that I actually want to see those?

:roll: Yes.

Widely regarded as one of (if not the worst - YMMV massively on that if you know about Tank Girl film or the JLA TV movie) comic adaptations of all time. It is worse than the Roger Corman Fantastic Four film, which is salvaged by the sheer cheesiness of the acting, directing and special effects.

Shoestring

Junior Space Janitor
Registered
Reaction score

Widely regarded as one of (if not the worst - YMMV massively on that if you know about Tank Girl film or the JLA TV movie) comic adaptations of all time. It is worse than the Roger Corman Fantastic Four film, which is salvaged by the sheer cheesiness of the acting, directing and special effects.

I probably shouldn't admit that I own the Batman & Robin movie, then.

Er....

Dang it.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

I'm sorry, but Batman and Robin cracked me up; it was SOOO cheesy that it crossed the line into really funny. Same with bits of the Tank Girl movie; parts of it just tickle me.

Not saying they don't MASSIVELY suck. Just saying they have a certain "can't look away from the train wreck" charm.

ETA: for extra entertainment value, check out the Nostalgia Critic and Nostalgia Chick's reviews of both.

ETA (again!): DO not take this to mean I approve of either movie. Fact is, the Adam West Batman movie from 1967 had better story values than either of these two abortions. Just saying they have a certain charm.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Batman & Robin was actually my introduction to the Dark knight, if you can believe it.

Maybe that's why I can't quite grasp the angst of the new Batman trilogy...

Both the sixties Batman series and the awful 90s films are a million times more coherent, entertaining and worth owning than the DCnU (New 52) version currently being published - and I can't be alone in typing DUnCE every time I try and write DCnU to identify the current DC properties, right? Anyone?

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Both the sixties Batman series and the awful 90s films are a million times more coherent, entertaining and worth owning than the DCnU (New 52) version currently being published - and I can't be alone in typing DUnCE every time I try and write DCnU to identify the current DC properties, right? Anyone?

Don't look at me. My introduction to Batman was Adam West's version.

Status
Not open for further replies.