XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
If we stick to just fantasy, not sci-fi, I think the best fantasy TV series has to be BBC's Merlin. I mean, it has its flaws, some of which should probably offend me, but despite all them it's just so fun. It also has what is quite possibly the friendliest fanbase of any series known to humankind. Full of every form of Yay (Ho Yay, Les Yay, Foe Yay... ), full of the unabashed adventure I really miss in fantasy, full of in-jokes and easter eggs for folks who know the source material, full of awesome.

And RA, I'm surprised you've never mentioned it! Merlin shares a lot of fans with Dr. Who, and there's a strong possibility you would love this...
I've seen all of it, and loved it. But brain betrayed me in not letting me remember it. But yeah, I love that show. Originally I wasn't even going to watch it, but then a friend of mine said the two magic words to me: "homoerotic subtext" and I decidd to look at it. And yeah, that subtext is very obviously there, but even without it the show would be amazing.

Like you said, it's kind of flawed in certain ways, and can be pretty damn silly, but it has such a fun charm to it that you can't help but love the thing.

Plus Colin Morgan is hot and awesome. Speaking of, when does the 5th series start? I need to check up on that at some point.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Woo! Need to set myself a reminder for that. If I miss that, I will die. Then again I have BBC iPlayer which keeps the episodes on there for a few days after they air, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I could recommend something to help with the relaxation, but it's not exactly "prescription".

Hugh massage therapy? I'll take it.

I'm getting hungry but dont want to get up yet. I only got 4 hours of sleep. Urgh.

At least there is lots of pumpkin cake bars in the fridge. I can even warm them in the toaster oven... Just as soon as I get up... Yeah...

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Dammit Fen. You reminded me I still have to clean my kitchen.

I should be glad because my dad finally, finally left on his vacation yesterday so I can have a modicum of peace and quiet for a while. I just wish he hadn't left me all his dirty dishes like a great big middle finger.

Ah well. I should go make some toast.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's time I bid farewell to Cantina 4.0. Likely, it shall be refreshed and renewed by the time I return.

You never know. It all depends on the speed/interest of the Mods. If it is closed, we'll leave a light on for you at Cantina 5.0.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
We need to decide on a new name, stat.

The Smibble Strikes Back Cantina.

The Hat Raptor Rave Pit.

Dr Horrible's Sing Along Galaxy of Overlords.

Conjunction Junction Disfunction.

I like.

Maybe also:

The Krazy Kraken Kantina

Starship Bloopers

The Smibbleriders of Pern

Cantia 451

The Dragon and the Smibble

Happy Fun Place's Place of Happy Fun

Cheers

I like those. Although Happy Fun is my favorite.

And would it be possible to keep the same name the entire life span of Cantina 5.0?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But name changes are tradition. 1.0 had lots of names early on.

Maybe Pthom could grace us with an archived list of all Cantina names when he opens 5.0.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not unless we lock the mods in a room with Sup3r Mar1o Cart.

I'm so sneaking into that room.

But first, I must get up for food and water. The body needs what it needs.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
A Tale of Two Smibbles?
A Game of Smibbles?
Lord of the Smibbles?
Rendezvous with Smibbles?
2012, a Smibble Odyssey?
The Smibbles of Wrath?

astrodragon

New Dragon; thinking about coffee
Registered
Reaction score
Merlin is typical TV fantasy, the poor bloody Dragon has to do all the heavy lifting.

Again.
Life is SO unfair to Dragons..:Soapbox:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Healing Oasis Cantina.

That goes for every incarnation of this place. :e2grouphu

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Merlin is typical TV fantasy, the poor bloody Dragon has to do all the heavy lifting.
The dragon does so little work in that show, it's laughable. All he does for most of it is sit in a cave dealing out typically pseudo-mystical nonsense about "destiny". Then he tried to murder everyone. After that, he's done pretty much nothing except on rare occasion.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Issues? Firefly had some issues? Firefly WAS an issue!

And ewww, I've just been reminded Buffy existed, shoot me in the face, urghablagurghburghaluh.

I... Am lost for words.

At least nobody is defending the original Buffy movie. Even I thought that was idiotic.

Page 1000! We need a real name for the Cantina to celebrate! Someone threaten Pthom with a decomposing smibble!

The Catina - We can celebrate the passing of this iteration of the Cantina with LOLCats. :D

Inception. Hands down the best movie I have ever seen. This being my own personal idea of what "best movie" means.

SF, not fantasy. But agreed on it being awesome. :)

Now THAT is a sentence I never expected to read.

I have endless admiration for Michael J. Fox - go look up the event where he stood before a bunch of politicians and made a speech. WITHOUT his freakin' medication. Balls like King Kong.

Watch this show and you'll finally understand why a few older nerd snicker whenever they mention "Zathras".

Ah, the one. The one, but not the one. Zathras is confused.

A lot of names have something behind them so if you want to learn about sci-fi there's quite a few unobtrusive pointers.

Heh. Bester. :D And he even uses "mundanes" as an insult. So, so funny.

Can we.... RUN AMOK?!?!

It isn't Amok Time just yet. :D

(gratuitous Star Trek reference of the day)

THE END IS NIGH!!!

*runs amok*

Amok amok amok!

Still not Amok Time.

Cantia 451

Oooh. I like. :D

Gotta leave back out in about twenty minutes, but in the meantime, a gift for Gary:

298882_516465971713868_1197353761_n.jpg

:roll:

I never know what I'm gonna find when I pop back into the Cantina... :D

You never know. It all depends on the speed/interest of the Mods.

Our speed and interest depends entirely on how much fun it is to torment you guys. Letting this linger seems as if it is doing the trick...

Not unless we lock the mods in a room with Sup3r Mar1o Cart.

Change that to Bioshock, and I'll have a serious attention problem. :tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.