XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Hell even in crazy-get-married-at-19-Mormon-culture that's pushing it.

Hey, watch it! I got married at nineteen! ;)

See, I don't think the world is full of idiots. I KNOW. It is a fact of nature. Someone has to get eaten.

Unfortunately, too many of the idiots take non-idiots with them when they decide to be someone's lunch.

My dad always used to misquote a famous saying: "Not only are people dumber than you imagine, they're dumber than you can imagine." And then he'd point to the warning labels on shampoo or some such thing and say, "See? Somebody really had to be stupid enough to do this."

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
And then he'd point to the warning labels on shampoo or some such thing and say, "See? Somebody really had to be stupid enough to do this."

Well, I'm guessing that this depends very much on whether it was tested on animals or not.

ION, I am going ambidextrous. I've had problems with my right hand for ages so I figured time to learn to write and cut veg and things with the left. Time to look like a seven year old in the writing department. At least my cheese was fairly straight.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning gang.

Wow, you all were busy.

Good luck with the break-up, Fen.

And welcome, Silver. The Cantina is odd...uh...

Actually, yeah, we're odd.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So get this: I just received a form email from an agency I queried in Nov of 2010*. The message basically said that a bunch of Q's got sent to spam and they are just now sorting it out, that they normally try and respond, and apologies for the mishap, etc. And to resend.

18 months.

Cross-stitch me impressed with that kind of agency.

*before I joined AW and waaaaaaaaay before I knew what constituted a "not sucky" query. Seriously, it was attached at the bottom of the email and is awful. I haz an embarrass.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
So get this: I just received a form email from an agency I queried in Nov of 2010*. The message basically said that a bunch of Q's got sent to spam and they are just now sorting it out, that they normally try and respond, and apologies for the mishap, etc. And to resend.

18 months.

*before I joined AW and waaaaaaaaay before I knew what constituted a "not sucky" query. Seriously, it was attached at the bottom of the email and is awful. I haz an embarrass.

I see these announcements all the time, about batches of queries going missing and mysteriously surfacing way later. I'm assuming it's an auto-redirect malfunctioning.

Blow them away with Query 2.0! Rah!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
500! Party like it's post 1999!

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Afternoon, folks.

It's supposed to snow 4-6 inches between now and Monday night. Color me not amused.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Go 10!

Gina, you can keep that weather all for yourself.

Also, short but crushing email sent.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, and 60 seconds later he is calling. If I eDump you, it means I don't want to talk. Geeze.

ETA: nvm, it was a random call to chat. I deleted the vm after 'just got off work, I'm not ignoring you'

I didnt think you were ever ignoring me with your frequent calls. We spoke yesterday. And the day before, and the day before...

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score

18 months.

:Wha:

I just submitted a flash fiction piece to an online magazine :eek:

Woohoo! Good luck!

Afternoon, folks.

It's supposed to snow 4-6 inches between now and Monday night. Color me not amused.

Ugh. It's supposed to hit 100 here this weekend. Also not impressed. :(

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, watch it! I got married at nineteen! ;)

My dad always used to misquote a famous saying: "Not only are people dumber than you imagine, they're dumber than you can imagine." And then he'd point to the warning labels on shampoo or some such thing and say, "See? Somebody really had to be stupid enough to do this."

Yeah, my parents did to, before they became LDS. So... yeah... :)

And that saying is great!

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I just submitted a flash fiction piece to an online magazine :eek:

LUCK!!!

Afternoon, folks.

What, do you live in Alaska or something? :D Sorry, that's just nutty. Though I don't doubt we'll have more snow between now and the end of May.

I didnt think you were ever ignoring me with your frequent calls. We spoke yesterday. And the day before, and the day before...

I don't understand. Like he thinks you're clingy and is being proactive, or he's clingy and pretends everyone is like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.