Purgatory's Pit of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teriann

optimist
Registered
Reaction score
*passes maggotini*

Agent call accomplished, my head is *slightly* more into the story now. The pittish spin on this (there's alway a pittish spin) is that she thinks the overall arc just isn't clear enough as. So I'm back to the plotting board, literally gonna have to write out what happens in each scene and why, and try rearranging the pieces again. This story is the jigsaw plot. Blerg.

Before Teri's head explodes, I see her points. ;) The plot is ridiculously convoluted and complicated. Just shoot me before I ever again try writing a story that can't be told in chronological order.

My head won't explode. Promise. If you agree. (But there are wonderful stories with complicated plots . . . convoluted, on the other hand, is another matter.)

Last edited:

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
{{{Kell}}}

{{{DVI}}} This is for Rbt, right? It's dooable then and at least the pieces are there. As Teri noted, staying away from convoluted is the key.

/brightsiding

LOL, Teri, I do believe there will be an opportunity to unite, but not as we think. Nothing has changed my thinking that we're eventually working toward a literary production company model.

Teriann

optimist
Registered
Reaction score
STeve, I can also envision models improving on what we have, models which I think can serve editors as well as writers much better.

I just filed my last brief before my long vacation.

Given what has been happening lately in California appellate courts, whenever I file a brief on behalf of one of my clients, I feel like one of those ducks in a carnival circling around, wondering if I'll be the next one shot down.

lotus7

Getting the hang of it all
Registered
Reaction score
(((Ink))), Yay for being done with the call, at least that takes some pressure off. Good luck with the revisions!

{{{Snappy}}} My sympathies on the allergies. I feel them too today, it's very annoying. They're also making me sleepy (but then again, most everything makes me sleepy lately :D)

(((Kellion))) Wow, that's annoying. Feel like they really have nothing better to do. And yes, it does suck to be a grownup sometimes :rant:

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
{{kelli}} How in the hell did the cop know you had expired emissions? I thought you just don't get your registration until you smog.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck on the revisions, Ink.

At traffic court. Not that bad yet. The worst was being dropped in West Philly with daughter waiting.

Cops were nice though - they do stop on any pretext and once that's done, she said they don't have discretion about towing -- recent change in policy. They used to give three days to get car current. She offered to drop me at my sister's office but my sister had literally stepped into her car a few blocks away when I finally reached her.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
The window sticker -- that's what happens when you're stuck in traffic. They look for this stuff -- it's revenue for the city.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Very pittish day at work, especially at the end - hey, then you can take the hate home and to the supermarket and infect everyone! Because they say "Don't let one person ruin your day." (In this case it was two vicious assholes ganging up on me, but the argument remains valid) But they're so good at it...

{{{Mario}}} Why would anyone gang up on a nice guy like you?

{{{Kellion}}} They give you the hard stuff because they know the other flakes won't follow through. But in return you should get some of the fun stuff too. Not fair!

Cricket, yay for tax season being over! Hope you feel better soon. And seriously, your insane blood pressure is mine on a very, very, very good day. You don't want to know what it was when they took it at the doc's yesterday. (Ink doesn't have to worry about cancer killing her, sheesh.)

Okay, I really have to ask how high it is. Why? Is it genetic? {hugs}

\m/ WHOOT Cricket! Will you be taking any vacation? You earned it!

They gave us the rest of the week off, so 5-day weekend. And yes, we're going to try for Hawaii again. End of May.

I'm dealing with lovely allergies today and working on three hours of sleep. If I don't crash and burn by 2pm, I'll consider it a miracle.

{{{Snappy}}} UGH. Allergies and no sleep--bad combo.

(((Snappy)))

Mrs.B, ugh. Such a frustrating place to be stuck.

My agent call about R is supposed to be in 45 minutes, and my head is so far from that story that it might as well be in another WIP. Uh, which it is. *cries* I don't know how to make myself switch focus!

{{{Ink}}} Sounds like the call went decent, though.

Count me in the bad car karma. I just got pulled over for expired emissions inspection and had my car impounded on the way to picking up my daughter from school. I was in West Philly and they look for reasons to pull you over.

Unfortunately, my husband's car has been in the shop getting a dent repaired (which is partly why I didn't put my car in earlier even though I knew it had expired March 31). Fortunately, my sister only works a quarter mile away and was able to pick me up.

So if you've ever watched Parking Wars about the Philly impound lot, I'll be heading there later today or tomorrow -- with a tow truck, because they won't release an uninspected car otherwise.

I know. It's my fault. *cry* It's hard to be a grownup.

{{{Kellion}}} You're having a helluva day, poor thing. Don't give in! Don't be a grownup! Although, yeah. *someone* needs to pay those pesky bills. We just get a fix-it ticket here. Impounding the car on the spot seems outrageous to me.

Thanks for the natal wishes, all. In true Pittish fashion, I'm feeling lousy on my bday/day off. 96.6 temp last night, 99.7 this morning. Went to the opthamologist and got some good news: aside from needing glasses to read subtitles or a street sign here and there, my vision is 20/20...not bad for an old broad like me.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Well, we're back with the car, 5 hours and $300 later! I drove other newly dent-free car ($500) and of course the 4-year-old threw up all over the backseat when we were five minutes from home.

Last edited:

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Steve, yeah that one. It's more of her feeling that the big plot arc tension gets buried. Convoluted is my word. So I gotta try to untwist things a bit, and she gave me a couple great ideas for minor ways to up tension.

(((Cricket))) Being sick on your birthday is just not right.

(((Kellion))) That's truly pittish.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
I demand a DO OVER for Kellion.

That is all.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, it's not my birthday at least! Feel better.

Ink, sounds like you'll knock it out of the park once you figure out the revision.

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
You win for having THE most craptastic day, kelli. You deserve 4 maggotinis, the entire maggotbong, followed by a whole plate of maggot-chip cookies ALL to yourself.

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
What cat said, kell. Winning at the most pittish day, you get, instead of a ribbon, a chewed piece of shoelace. Cherish it. And the autocorrect on my phone wants your name to be "kelp"

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
I feel like kelp, Amarie, so that's fine.

Note that at bedtime my 4-year-old said today was the best day ever because it was Pajama Day at school. 'Course she was wearing different pajamas by then, because she had thrown up on the other ones while driving home from traffic court and the impound lot. Blessedly, she is not a Pitizen.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
I feel like kelp, Amarie, so that's fine.

Note that at bedtime my 4-year-old said today was the best day ever because it was Pajama Day at school. 'Course she was wearing different pajamas by then, because she had thrown up on the other ones while driving home from traffic court and the impound lot. Blessedly, she is not a Pitizen.

Yet.

The Pit works in mysterious ways.

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, (((Kellion))) what a pittish day! You poor thing.

Glad things are well, Ink.

Best wishes for a moderately pleasant natal day, Cricket!

I'm soooooo tired. My project that was due today got last minute instructions that required 3+hours more work. Argh... I've been working nonstop on this and now it is still unfinished. Tomorrow, tomorrow...

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
(((AO))) I hate when that happens.

Another day...

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
(((Octavia))) So frustrating when people do that.

Kellion, sounds like your little one would make the hellhounds whimper in fear. Or at least burn their retinas.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
That's not 100% unpleasant news, Ink. Still, sounds like you have lots of work ahead of you :( I bow to your tenacity. I don't think I could ever try to tell a non-linear story.

OMG ((Kellion)) that's over-the-top pittish :s

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
Well, we're back with the car, 5 hours and $300 later! I drove other newly dent-free car ($500) and of course the 4-year-old threw up all over the backseat when we were five minutes from home.

UGH! (((Kellion)) OH MAN. This is beyond pittish.

Thanks for the natal wishes, all. In true Pittish fashion, I'm feeling lousy on my bday/day off. 96.6 temp last night, 99.7 this morning. Went to the opthamologist and got some good news: aside from needing glasses to read subtitles or a street sign here and there, my vision is 20/20...not bad for an old broad like me.

Aw no and on your day off/birthday??? ((Cricket)) though very cool on the vision! My eyes are so bad I drop $600-$700 every other year on new ones.

Hope you and the hubby make it to Hawaii!

I'm soooooo tired. My project that was due today got last minute instructions that required 3+hours more work. Argh... I've been working nonstop on this and now it is still unfinished. Tomorrow, tomorrow...

((AO)) AARRGGH!

*sigh* back to work for two freaking days and the nit picking boss is back to micro managing. If I never have another stupid mini meeting to touch base with her it'd be too soon. This one is to 'touch base' on priorities of what things I'm going to work on and in what order. Give me a fucking break.

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Mornin', Pit

{{{Kell}}}

{{{Octavia}}}

DVI, excellent that she gave you good pointers and you shouldn't be that far off.

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Pit.

(((kellion))) I can so relate. My son used to always puke in cars (usually mine--added bonus).

(((ink))) (((AO))) (((Soul))).

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
(((Kellion))) for a truly pittish day.

(((Cricket))) for sick on the natal day. That sucks. :(

(((AO))) for workload.

(((Pitizens))) for everything else.

In slightly better news, allergies are less today and I slept!!! It's a sad day when sleeping is the highlight.

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
Man oh man, some rough stuff going around the Pit. I was told that a bird pooping on me was good luck, and seeing what you all have been through in the last 24 hours is making me believe that. Let's see: sick on birthday, last minute overwork, impounded car, puking kid. Why, yes, I will take bird poop. Thank you, Universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.