Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
My bf's probably going to take my name, because mine sounds better and I'm ridiculously tight with my family and want to carry on its name. Logically it doesn't really matter, but my bf doesn't mind taking my name, so it's all good. (And hyphenating is out of the question because of really long names.)

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
My bf's probably going to take my name, because mine sounds better and I'm ridiculously tight with my family and want to carry on its name. Logically it doesn't really matter, but my bf doesn't mind taking my name, so it's all good. (And hyphenating is out of the question because of really long names.)

Good on him. A secure man doesn't feel threatened by taking his wife's name.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Oh no, no problem. Just straightening that out. :tongue :D

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Very punny, Para.

of COURSE Harry Potter has it's own Ho Yay page. Have you ever looked at the fanfiction archive? SO MUCH HO YAY IN THOSE BOOKS. DRARRY IS PRACTICALLY CANON AFTER HBP.

Doctor Who has so much, too.

But Ho Yay is the best page on FF.net.

Oh, and Glee has so much, too, especially now that Faberry has practically left subtext and become text.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Dr Who and Glee have their own pages too.

I was like Glee is obvs. Why do you think I ship Sam/Anybody? ;)

Bed time.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I know that, Lisa, because I live on TV Tropes. There is almost nothing about that site (regarding my fandoms) that I don't know.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Sirius/Remus was fucking CANON, JK Rowling. It was CANON.

I love Tonks, but that was not the right relationship for her.

I actually REALLY wanted Tonks with a muggle, girl or boy.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I don't understand Remus/Tonks at all. It's just so... dull. They never seemed in love, Remus abandons Tonks and their unborn child at one point, just... no. I didn't get it.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
No way! Sirius and Remus were having the epic offscreen romance of the ages. Like James and Lily!

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I side with Para! Remus/Tonks... legitimately had me stop and say "Wait, what?" while reading.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Plus they gave Harry a joint present. While they were living together. :tongue

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
DUDETTES!

There are Once Upon a Time spoilers earlier in this thread.

Not cool. :(

ETA: Regarding viewpoints...

I advocate that no novel has to use the exact same POV throughout its entirety--especially not in a mystery! I use First Person Smartass (it's a trope, look it up) for the majority of my narrative, but I have no problem switching to 3rd Omni for the villains and secondary characters. This way I can give extra clues to the audience, allowing savvy readers to piece together the mystery before the protag, without making the protag look like an idiot.

Last edited:

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely side with Para and Tally, here. I mean, Remus had to be basically forced into a relationship with Tonks TWICE. He and Sirius had so much long-lost-love tension it was ridiculous.

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely side with Para and Tally, here. I mean, Remus had to be basically forced into a relationship with Tonks TWICE. He and Sirius had so much long-lost-love tension it was ridiculous.

Of course every fandom is free to speculate, and I can certainly understand extending the fantasy of a character...

But at the same time, what has been written has been written.

I only feel the urge to comment on it because I have a Sirius/Remus-esque friendship, and it is completely void of any sexual tension.

...That I know of, at least.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I usually stick to canon. The only relationship I'd actually watch (not saying that I would fan girl or whatever... Hopefully you get the idea that I don't really ship anything unless it is canon, and sometimes not even then) would have have to be Amy and the Doctor.

Lololololololol. That sounded confusing and weird and I'm probably making a fool of myself and maybe no one agrees with me.