SciFi/Fantasy First Line Game

Inarticulate Babbler

Pissin' Everyone off, 1 at a time
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Chameleon held his breath and poisoned blade high, part of the filigree on the back of the tall throne, through the entire day's audiences.

Vaguely Piratical

Registered
Reaction score
And there in Camelot, among the artists, I thought myself free, at times, of every trace of my origin.

ironmikezero

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
The most elite minds of the scientific community diligently gnawed at the enigmatic signal from SETI, blissfully unaware that it was simply this reality's expiration date.

CJ.Wolfe

Close your eyes and jump
Registered
Reaction score
People talk about hypothetical bulls in theoretical china shops, but no one ever mentions how much damage a unicorn can cause in a bookstore.

I love this :D

And as for my own:

Staring at the innocent looking kids 'wonderland' before me, I realised that perhaps I shouldn't have provoked it by calling him god, seeing as he seemed to have a rather sick sense of humour.

Lhipenwhe

Moving with my soul, step by step
Registered
Reaction score
"Why is it that an unusually common element of your plans involve the risk of me getting turned into a frog?"

Zokk

Registered
Reaction score
"Needless to say, when the moon blew up, the surfers were pissed."

ironmikezero

Registered
Reaction score
"Varney, your mother called again bitching about the blood ration you sent her - another false virgin, eh?"

Grunkins

Grand adventurer of the couch
Registered
Reaction score
His mother's penchant for growing new appendages never bothered Laurence until, after her eighth tentacle, she replaced her condo with a saltwater tank and decided to live out her dotage submersed.

ironmikezero

Registered
Reaction score
His mother's penchant for growing new appendages never bothered Laurence until, after her eighth tentacle, she replaced her condo with a saltwater tank and decided to live out her dotage submersed.

Ooh - liked this! Um, the Cthulhuian branch of the family..?

Escala

Registered
Reaction score
Edvard Constance was not a stranger to spontaneous combustion; on the day of his death he'd been burning for thirty years.

GlobalWolf

Registered
Reaction score
The desert made of burnt asphalt stretched on from the Pacific Water Feature all the way to the Rocky Mountain Emporium, where the solar system's largest shopping mall towered in the place of long-vanished snow capped peaks.

Last edited:

Katalyst

Registered
Reaction score
"Telepathy only $24 a month, $0 upfront," said Mike to the room full of keen buyers.