Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Singapore is what all the international papers say it is - super efficient, hot & humid and world's top three for competitiveness and wealth. Except less than 10% are fabulously rich (not me, not my husband) but I think they mean in terms of sovereign wealth fund - our money which our government uses for investments, including Lehman :Wha:

Really, Syd, our government officials in charge of investments should be using your chair emoticon as their signature in every email Hrmmmpphh!

I miss Bali - spectacular corruption and inefficiency but oh what soul and spirit! And fabulous food :)

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What's a little corruption when you are surrounded by great food? :D

But, seriously, I remember some trouble you had back then that was pretty scary and I am glad you aren't there :(

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Ah yes, that WAS scary. Thanks for your good thoughts. Glad that was resolved but I'd rather be living there still but I had to sell the B&B as construction was being carried out left, right and centre (literally).

If anyone wants to go to Bali, let me know. I can tell you all about the secret places to visit.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
good morning! Oh, it's idyllic here this morning. The ducks are ducking, the willow is willowing, the cat is licking the bare spot she still has on her tummy from getting fixed. I'm drinking a nice warm cup of coffee.

Actually, two of the ducks are fighting again. One duck is getting chased out of the water. I thought they were such peaceful creatures. Really surprised at this insight into their private lives.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
good morning! Oh, it's idyllic here this morning. The ducks are ducking, the willow is willowing, the cat is licking the bare spot she still has on her tummy from getting fixed. I'm drinking a nice warm cup of coffee.

Actually, two of the ducks are fighting again. One duck is getting chased out of the water. I thought they were such peaceful creatures. Really surprised at this insight into their private lives.

You sound like my wife. When it's sunny out she usually says the sun is sunning lol!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We used to have ducks. Until they ate my mother's garden.

No more ducks.

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
I like ducks. Ducks are cool.

I am also posting to announce the AW revolutionaries have officially conquered this thread. :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
NF, get your dragon butt to bed. You need it. And get better!!!!:D

for reals! What she said!! I hope you are ok!

Thanks for your concern :Hug2: and yes, sleep would probably help. I'll see if I can catch up on some zzz's this weekend. ;)

Just being tired, dizzy, and having headaches makes me not want to do much of anything. And I chalk it up as laziness and get really pissed off at myself, so I punish myself by not sleeping until something gets done, even if it takes all night which it often does and still doesn't get done. :e2bummed:

Energy drinks only make me sicker. My blood count is good, in fact better than it's been in years. I don't understand why I feel so depleted of energy and sick. I just want to feel normal.

sorry, I shall be fun again soon. /end of whining unless you guys have some cheese to go with it. :D I like cheese.

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your concern :Hug2: and yes, sleep would probably help. I'll see if I can catch up on some zzz's this weekend. ;)

Just being tired, dizzy, and having headaches makes me not want to do much of anything. And I chalk it up as laziness and get really pissed off at myself, so I punish myself by not sleeping until something gets done, even if it takes all night which it often does and still doesn't get done. :e2bummed:

Energy drinks only make me sicker. My blood count is good, in fact better than it's been in years. I don't understand why I feel so depleted of energy and sick. I just want to feel normal.

sorry, I shall be fun again soon. /end of whining unless you guys have some cheese to go with it. :D I like cheese.

How much iron have you had? Are you drinking enough water? :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
No iron...it makes me really sick, in so many horrible ways. I'm suppose to be eating liver. :eek: Not a liver fan. Water? What is that you speak of? Oh yeah, that's in my coffee! :D

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
that bites, nighty! Hope you feel bettah very soon but so glad your b/c is good. That's super! Are you getting enough :Cake:s? :)

hey all, have a fun weekend and don't wear yourselves out k. :Cake:s 4 all! Oh, and Bill, you're in charge of stopping the revolutionaries from revolutioning HOF. :D

Last edited:

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
No iron...it makes me really sick, in so many horrible ways. I'm suppose to be eating liver. :eek: Not a liver fan. Water? What is that you speak of? Oh yeah, that's in my coffee! :D

Nah, caffeine makes things worse. :D

In all seriousness, start taking a bottle or two of pure water (not flavored water or pop with water in it). My doc said that dehydration is the cause of 90% of our illnesses.

Feel better, my friend. :)

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
that bites, nighty! Hope you feel bettah very soon but so glady our b/c is good. That's super! Are you getting enough :Cake:s? :)

hey all, have a fun weekend and don't wear yourselves out k. :Cake:s 4 all! Oh, and Bill, you're in charge of stopping the revolutionaries from revolutioning HOF. :D

I shall comply, mon capitan! :e2salute:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Nah, caffeine makes things worse. :D

In all seriousness, start taking a bottle or two of pure water (not flavored water or pop with water in it). My doc said that dehydration is the cause of 90% of our illnesses.

Feel better, my friend. :)

You no doubt have a point there. And I don't mind water especially if it's really cold. But my stomach wants to quickly expel it from my body everytime I try to drink it. I think my body thinks that all things that are good for it is foreign aliens invading it. But I shall try to get some down.

thank you Bill. :Hug2:

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
You no doubt have a point there. And I don't mind water especially if it's really cold. But my stomach wants to quickly expel it from my body everytime I try to drink it. I think my body thinks that all things that are good for it is foreign aliens invading it. But I shall try to get some down.

thank you Bill. :Hug2:

No problem. The first couple of days will be rough, there's no doubt, but if you stay the course, you will find your health will steadily improve. :)

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
NF, could be you're still in shock from the surgery. However well surgery goes, it's still a shock to the body. Shock leaves you as you describe. Unfortunately, one of the best, and least expensive things you can do for it is to get extra sleep. I say unfortunately because you do not have kindly thoughts toward sleep.

So I guess you'll just have to make do on pie and {{{{{hugs}}}}}

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
that bites, nighty! Hope you feel bettah very soon but so glady our b/c is good. That's super! Are you getting enough :Cake:s? :)

Thanks Susie. I think I have a year supply of cakes in my reps...:D But one can never get enough cake. And I hold 'em all dear and special to me because they come from you. :Hug2:

We shoot sick people.

Can you hurry it up then? Sheesh, what's taking so long? There can't be that many sick people in here...

NF, could be you're still in shock from the surgery. However well surgery goes, it's still a shock to the body. Shock leaves you as you describe. Unfortunately, one of the best, and least expensive things you can do for it is to get extra sleep. I say unfortunately because you do not have kindly thoughts toward sleep.

So I guess you'll just have to make do on pie and {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Maybe...doc seems to think it's from the anesthesia
still in my body. :Shrug: Seems like a long time for it to be affecting me like this, though. But he didn't seem to think so. And little sleep can be delaying the healing process, I suppose. I think I'd be better off as a robot, no sleep, water, or food required. stoopid body.

many :Hug2: back, Stlight. :) mm...pie!

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
if it's the anesthesia, you surely want water!! little sips... water really cleans out the body = and sleep is when we heal! If you don't sleep, that will slow down your healing.

you need to pee, girl! Get out them toxins!!! :)

I am not a doctor, I just play a fairy on the internet.

I've been a little lazy today, but I got some editing and a blog post. I'm catching up on Long Island Medium, and then I'm going to edit some more.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe...doc seems to think it's from the anesthesia
still in my body. :Shrug: Seems like a long time for it to be affecting me like this, though. But he didn't seem to think so. And little sleep can be delaying the healing process, I suppose. I think I'd be better off as a robot, no sleep, water, or food required. stoopid body.

many :Hug2: back, Stlight. :) mm...pie!

This wouldn't have been a problem if you'd only taken my advice and told them to make you a vampire!!

But since you aren't, drink lots of water, my mom also gave us super burnt toast when we had troubled tummies. Something about the charcoal helps! I swear! And, you are used to eating your food charbroiled :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Right, water it is, then...*gag* but a dragon must do what a dragon must do. And what the etheral peeps tell her to do. :D hmm...sleep. That's a bit harder one to do. I have so much I need to do... not that I'm doing it. Blog! I need to blog! And edit! And write, and clean, and go to the store, and go do laundry, and...oh yeah, and pee obviously. :ROFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.