The Next Circle of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
If you can find out who their host server is, you can shut them down. I shut down a guy who kept copying my blog posts onto his feed by filing a DCM complaint for copyright infringement. I'm sure it can be done for an e-book that they've downloaded. There is a special format to the letter; if you go to my blog and search DCM you should find it. Hostgator was the server in my plagiarist's case, and they had that site closed down within 48 hours. They were terrific.

MadDabbler

Clearly confused and adrift
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.denisetompkins.net
Thanks for all the support on the piracy issue. Fortunately,my publisher has a department that issues cease an desist letters. The problem is that the pirated version just seems to pop up somewhere new. Grrrr. But I'll persevere and keep fighting the good fight.

tracythewriter

Registered
Reaction score
How's everyone doing? Thread's been a bit quiet lately...I guess we're all getting crickets?

Hoping for good news for all of us soon!!

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Crickets here for first book on sub. Hoping that agent gives thumbs up to start subbing second book this week.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like I'm on my way to second reads again. Not nearly as excited as the first time but not nearly as nervous either. Here's to hoping.

taylormillgirl

Hopeless Romantic
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like I'm on my way to second reads again. Not nearly as excited as the first time but not nearly as nervous either. Here's to hoping.

Sending acquisitions mojo your way! Good luck staying sane while you wait for an update. :)

Fuchsia Groan

Becoming a laptop-human hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Crickets. We've had six rejections out of eight, with compliments but no second reads, and I keep reading on other threads that this is an appropriate stage for the agent to cut the client loose. But I'm trying not to think about that. It happens or it doesn't. I know I'll stick with this book, revising it from top to bottom if need be.

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Depends on the agent. Only the bad ones cut and run after a single round of submissions (like mine).

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Crickets. We've had six rejections out of eight, with compliments but no second reads, and I keep reading on other threads that this is an appropriate stage for the agent to cut the client loose. But I'm trying not to think about that. It happens or it doesn't. I know I'll stick with this book, revising it from top to bottom if need be.

Really? I hope this wouldn't be the case.

Good luck, misses!

Fuchsia Groan

Becoming a laptop-human hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
I may be jumping the gun on my worries — I'm telling myself that if I don't have confidence in my work, the agent has no reason to, either. That "seven submissions is all you can expect" quote I heard was for SF, I think. YA seems to have a lot of markets right now.

Seconding the good luck wishes to you, misses!

MadDabbler

Clearly confused and adrift
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.denisetompkins.net
I know I'm "being read" right now (x2) with one still out silent. The R&R goes back to super agent tomorrow for resubmission. I'm past feeling too anxious and now just pray for an editor to get/love my heroine the way I do (and my agent does, plus betas and CPs....notice I left out my mom). :D

It only takes one.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the well wishes. And of course good luck to everyone else this week.

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Peggy, I finished your book just before going to the hospital, and naturally things were a bit hectic so I never got around to telling you. I really enjoyed it, good work!

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Drachen -- glad you liked it! And good luck to all of you (us) out on sub!!!

st22

Registered
Reaction score
Fresh new rejection. Didn't like premise, didn't like humor (her-I like clever mysteries!!!) DRY??? Srously? Why do we do this to ourselves??? Or do I really suck as badly as she suggests and am just fooling myself w/ all this writing??? BREATHE, Steph.

Noompsy

Ow
Registered
Reaction score
Hugs and luck to all again. :]

On a non-monumental front...the distract myself from submissions short story I wrote got picked up. tiny woo hoo
:]

Status
Not open for further replies.