XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
How many story concepts would I have to have been through without seriously writing any of them and moving onto the next one because of some minor tangent of thought before I can qualify as officially having Attention Deficit Disorder of some description? Because I'm seriously starting to believe that's what I have. It seems a much more logical and less hurtful explanation for my complete inability to focus on any writing for any extended period than just "I'm fucking stupid."

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My pancrease hasn't failed me in the lactase depatment, thankfully.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
You can ponder if this is because I am in a different time zone, or if I am posting this from the future. :D

It's monday morning right now, so for me we're talking future :p

I had Haggis change the one Jaime made to your avvie once, too. :)

Garykilt.jpg

Morning Max and everyone else.

*offers a huge vat of coffee*

0_o

This. This is priceless, and exactly how I will now imagine BigWords to be in RL.

My mum is weird. She sends me out of the study so she can order my birthday presents (which are from a list that I wrote her, I remind you) but then Amazon totally confuses her so she calls me in to help her order them anyway.

That's halfway to cute there on behalf of your mum :)

+1. Derek is the awesome that rules the chatroom and some parts outside of it.

How many story concepts would I have to have been through without seriously writing any of them and moving onto the next one because of some minor tangent of thought before I can qualify as officially having Attention Deficit Disorder of some description? Because I'm seriously starting to believe that's what I have. It seems a much more logical and less hurtful explanation for my complete inability to focus on any writing for any extended period than just "I'm fucking stupid."

I think it happens to a lot of people, you've just got to decide what you want to get done. Do you want to jump from idea to idea, exploring the awesomeness that is? Because I've done that before just for the hell of it, and that was fun :) . Or do you want to get the story for these characters told?

Something I find useful is sometimes tweaking the new ideas I get and adding them into the story that I'm writing atm. It keeps things inventive and interesting.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My spelling skillz are dire. Pancrease looked good enough while typing in a hurry.

Now is that Pan-crease or Pan-creas-e? I think a panCreasE garden would add to our exotic collection.

In other news, I am in dire need of some culinary assistance- http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7418646

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Hubby just baked banana bread, and now he's baking a pizza. He might not be trying to make me fat, but the result will be the same. :(

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
NOMNOMNOM. Have you considered drying some of it? No idea how it works, but if you have a surplus, might be a good time to experiment with it.

I have a dehydrator, so I considered it, but it's a lot of work for minimal yield. Dried basil loses a lot of flavor for some reason. I might dry some zuc for fall soup. Hmmm...

Hubby just baked banana bread, and now he's baking a pizza. He might not be trying to make me fat, but the result will be the same. :(

Send him to me with a GF cook book. I'll be fat forever if someone is cooking. Heck, I'm fat now. Stupid metabolism.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I have a dehydrator, so I considered it, but it's a lot of work for minimal yield. Dried basil loses a lot of flavor for some reason. I might dry some zuc for fall soup. Hmmm...

Fall is perfect for soup. Since zucchini tends to be the most prolific vegetable we grow*, I tend to shred and freeze a lot of it. Make zuc bread, add it to marinara sauce or pan fry it like hash browns later.

*After the wild spinach which yield leaves of the Robin Hood hat variety.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How do you blanc/prep your zuc for freezing?

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Guys, c'mon...

You are talking about food AGAIN, and my delivery isn't coming for another *checks clock* at least eight hours. :(

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
I have dishes to wash now? Is that non-foody enough?

Although, they are from the tacos we had last night :D

Mmm... tacos... I have everything in my fridge to make chicken quesedillas. Wish I would have realized that before I made rice.

:( I've drank a 6 pack of root beer in less than 24 hours. There is a reason I never buy it- its like crack to me. I would actually give up coffee in favor of root beer if asked at this current moment in time.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
How do you blanc/prep your zuc for freezing?

I don't even blanch it, just toss it into the food processor to grate (since I'm not going to spend an entire day grating zucchini because that would be insane) then pat it dry and seal it as air tight as possible. Keeps well for about 4 months. If it starts to freezer burn, I'll back zucchini bread, then freeze that to get a few more months out of it.

Guys, c'mon...

You are talking about food AGAIN, and my delivery isn't coming for another *checks clock* at least eight hours. :(

Oh...sorry. :(

I have dishes to wash now? Is that non-foody enough?

Although, they are from the tacos we had last night :D

I also just washed dishes from (Look Away, Gary) the grilled flank steak and chimichurri, with baked sweet potato "fries" we had for lunch. Zzzzzzzzohmygodweretheygood.

I know. Doing dishes makes me cry, too.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
That's halfway to cute there on behalf of your mum :)
Rule 1 with my mum: Nothing can ever be cute if she's involved. Only irritating.
Rule 2 is don't eat the meatloaf, but that doesn't apply here.

I think it happens to a lot of people, you've just got to decide what you want to get done. Do you want to jump from idea to idea, exploring the awesomeness that is? Because I've done that before just for the hell of it, and that was fun :) . Or do you want to get the story for these characters told?
At times I feel like I just enjoy the process of coming up with ideas but dislike the whole "writing" part of the equation.

Something I find useful is sometimes tweaking the new ideas I get and adding them into the story that I'm writing atm. It keeps things inventive and interesting.
Speaking of adding ideas together, I've actually got 2 fantasy ideas that almost feel like one could be a sequel to the other, or just the 2nd part of one long story. Except I only really have the basic premises, and basic outline of one character.

And the premise of one of them is essentially the result of a combination of sleep deprivation, Falling Skies and Final Fantasy 10. Which speaks of the bigger problem that all my ideas are basically just amalgams (I love that word) of other stories I've seen in other places.

Meh, I'm in a self-deprecating mood tonight it seems. :(

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I would actually give up coffee in favor of root beer if asked at this current moment in time.

Heresy. :tongue

I also just washed dishes from (Look Away, Gary) the grilled flank steak and chimichurri, with baked sweet potato "fries" we had for lunch. Zzzzzzzzohmygodweretheygood.

My stomach just made a decidedly strange noise in protest.

I don't *want* to eat the ice cream, but it is pretty much all I have left. I've been drinking black coffee all day because I ran out of milk...

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score

Erm, ADD/ADHD is way more than just starting way more than you can finish. But I wouldn't say you're just fucking stupid either.

It's probably part willpower. But it's also possibly a matter of confidence, I know some folks avoid sticking to an idea because they're afraid they'll finish something and not like it.

Dude, I'd die of joy if someone baked me banana bread & pizza. But then again, if I didn't have to be small but mighty to go to paramedic school, I'd probably be fat and not mind... So don't mind me.

Have some green tea with it! And salad, like Sian said, and eat slowly and savor that one piece.

And if you don't exercise, seriously, try a treadmill or an elliptical. They are somehow way more fun than going for a run down the sidewalk, unless it's a sidewalk somewhere really scenic, and you don't need to go nearly as fast to burn fat as you would to get uber-fit. AFAIK you'd need to already be quite fat for the mid-intensity stuff to be uncomfortable in any way.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
My stomach just made a decidedly strange noise in protest.

I don't *want* to eat the ice cream, but it is pretty much all I have left. I've been drinking black coffee all day because I ran out of milk...

Was it one of those noises that sounds inquisitive? Those are the WEIRDEST.

Maybe...put some ice cream in the coffee?

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
It's probably part willpower. But it's also possibly a matter of confidence, I know some folks avoid sticking to an idea because they're afraid they'll finish something and not like it.
Huh... you know, this "I lack confidence" thing seems to be coming up a lot in my conversations lately. Seriously, it's uncanny. Three times in the past week when discussing either my future ambitions or my current ambitions, that point has been raised.

Status
Not open for further replies.