Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
So true! Had a friend in HS who was a red hair. I always wished i had her hair. But she hated it. She said she would switch hair color with me any day. Senior year she went blond. But it was still just really awkward looking when her red roots would come in. I saw a picture of her on facebook and it looks like she finally stopped trying to hide it.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I write that all the time. I honestly cant tell the difference when i read, that's one of the many problems i have. Just like the 3 theres. Were and We're, Your and You're. And all that stuff.

I also have a strange problem with the word lesson... i always write it as listen or Lession.

By the way I LOVE your Avi. The lettering is soooooo cool! Although everytime i read it i start singing the lyrics to "Whispers in the Dark" by Skillet. Not sure if you ever heard of it, but its a good song.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yeah same here!

So i have a question for everyone. I was always a strange person who held onto crushes for a really really long time. Point being, i know most girls aren't like that. How long typically, if a really nice awesome guy were to come along who showed interest in the girl, would it be normal for a girl to forget about a boy she had a crush on for a while?

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
I need your opinion, ladies. Red isn't her natural color in the picture or in the story (she dyed it red), but does this look okay?

Ally, I think there's a transition. Eventually, she will get over her crush, but she shouldn't be so attached to her crush that it's ruining a perfect chance to be with a guy that actually wants her. If she immediately forgets about her crush when another guy comes along, I guess that's cool too.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
That looks good, MA!

hehehe. I'm a real ginger. I have some blonde in the front, though. Last year I dyed my bangs pink and I had to bleach it for the color to show, and the bleach hasn't fully grown out yet.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
:D
I'm trying to find pictures of people that actually look like my characters. I can't find any. Gah.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a wanna be ginger. Technically i'm already a day walker with the billion of freckles on my face and i'm paler then a damn ghost all year round. I have a weird inability to tan. Went to Florida over the summer and what happened? I burned, then freckled then looked like i was deprived of sun for a year. My boyfriend on the other hand came back from the trip, and the cooks at his work asked him if he was Spanish.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
LMAO, Ally.

How is everyone's writing going? -cough cough- Ely? ;D

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to start writing once I actually figure out the rest of my plot. And congrats, Ally!

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
After I finish the second chapter, I have to start outlining again. I only have part of chapter three outlined. This writing and outlining as I go along seems to be working for me.

Good luck with figuring out the rest of your plot MA!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
That's my problem. They are in the kingdom of Dex now. The original plan is for them to go next to the Swamp and then finally make it to the Fire Mountians. Then the epic twist ending.

Problem is i see it being a REALLY long book if i do that... so I'm debating if i should skip the swamp and save that for one of the next books.... What do you guys think? Think it would be a good idea to save an area of the land for the next book?

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I need to get back to writing. I haven't worked on LL in months. I'm hoping to speed through my homework (haha, which probably won't happen) and then have enough time and energy to write before I go to bed.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I really want to do that, but I can't. It's due tomorrow and I already turned in late work last week- so I know my teacher would probably call my parents or something.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Ok i should probably describe this in more length. You see the book takes place in a fantasy land. Evy and Matty wake up with amnesia and to get there memories back and find a way back home, they have to fight there way to the other side of the land with the help of there map. Now everyone friendly has warned them to at all cost stay out of the Satan's Swamp and for good reason. Its a horrible place. If the parasitic eel like fish and Howlers (vicious monkey like things that snatch prey bring them up into the trees and eat them) dont get you, the Devil will. The Devil isnt actually the Devil, just looks like it.

It was originally suppose to be like the most terrifying place on the map and in the journey.

Thing is this whole place isnt actually real in a sense. You see both Evy and Matty are actually in a coma and when you die in Nesia (the fantasy place) you wake back up in the real world. That's what happens at the end of the book. They wake back up and live happily ever after... or so they think. The next two books are about them going back into Nesia (due to medically induced coma) and taking down Dex the Evil king of the land, so they correct the screwed up land and get people out of the place more easily. So think its ok if i still skip over the swamp in this first book?

Status
Not open for further replies.