Sanford orders caterer to take sex parties off menu

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
No, I posted #19. :) I'm not taking credit blame for #17.
It's all right. I accidentally left our third option out of #14: arrest them all and throw them in prison for a decade or two. That would truly be the American Way.

AncientEagle

Old kid, no need to be gentle.
Registered
Reaction score
Damn it! This happens to me all the time. I find out about these things too late, AFTER they've been stopped.

Mac H.

Board Visitor
Registered
Reaction score
Get license numbers, names and addresses, fine the whole lot of them, and then run them out of town
What an interesting reaction.

What laws were broken by the people attending? I appreciate that they people running the event didn't fill out the correct paperwork and shouldn't have served alcohol ... but is that really the reason you want the attendees fined and run out of town?

Is it possible you are experiencing an emotional reaction to what they were doing as consenting adults behind closed doors - rather than a reaction due to the code violation?

Do you feel that the city acted morally by lying when they pretending that the caterer had broken the 'entertainment' part of the law ... when it is 100% clear that they hadn't?

I appreciate that the caterer should stop hosting those parties to comply with the law - but it is pretty despicable for law enforcement to lie about things to get the results they want.

I hope that's not the kind of law enforcement your city wants.

Mac

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
Of course these people aren't criminals, but do you people really relish the thought of eating in a place where people regularly get naked and exchange bodily fluids and get to know each other in the Biblical sense? I don't. I know, I'm such an enemy of sex.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
What an interesting reaction.

What laws were broken by the people attending? I appreciate that they people running the event didn't fill out the correct paperwork and shouldn't have served alcohol ... but is that really the reason you want the attendees fined and run out of town?

Is it possible you are experiencing an emotional reaction to what they were doing as consenting adults behind closed doors - rather than a reaction due to the code violation?

Do you feel that the city acted morally by lying when they pretending that the caterer had broken the 'entertainment' part of the law ... when it is 100% clear that they hadn't?

I appreciate that the caterer should stop hosting those parties to comply with the law - but it is pretty despicable for law enforcement to lie about things to get the results they want.

I hope that's not the kind of law enforcement your city wants.

Mac
I keep a stack of these signs under my keyboard, and I don't think Kelly knew who was hoarding them, but I'll let her have this one:
:sarcasm
Of course these people aren't criminals, but do you people really relish the thought of eating in a place where people regularly get naked and exchange bodily fluids and get to know each other in the Biblical sense? I don't. I know, I'm such an enemy of sex.
Are you just trying to goad me into admitting I've eaten in bedrooms? <insert undetermined smilie here>

Rustgold

Registered
Reaction score
Qld : Somewhere near Kangaroos & Possums & Kookabu
It's a banquet hall. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they prepare or serve food in those places? And don't families use those facilities?
You can't have families going into a prostitute's brothel for food etc during the day, plus there's safety and zoning considerations to deal with. I'd guarantee this business wasn't in a 'safe licenced zone'.

I would have thrown the book at them.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
At least you admit your bias.

Me, I refuse to eat anything when I'm at my friends' houses. I just know they have dirty sex with their significant others. Ew.

It's a banquet hall. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they prepare or serve food in those places? And don't families use those facilities?
You can't have families going into a prostitute's brothel for food etc during the day, plus there's safety and zoning considerations to deal with. I'd guarantee this business wasn't in a 'safe licenced zone'.

I would have thrown the book at them.
What does prostitution have to do with anything?

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't actually COOK the food in the HALL, and I highly doubt that people would be fucking in the kitchen if there was a perfectly serviceable hall for it.

Mac H.

Board Visitor
Registered
Reaction score
Sigh. I fell for Poe's law again.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't actually COOK the food in the HALL, and I highly doubt that people would be fucking in the kitchen if there was a perfectly serviceable hall for it.
I have actually been inside KC halls, and there's always, 100% of the time, a separate kitchen for the cooking, yes.

Of course, the fact that Mac H. has invoked Poe's Law is indicative of how difficult it is to talk about these sorts of things online.

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
Health codes governing restaurants and places serving food are different creatures from the mores you use at home with people you know. And SPMiller, check the batteries in your snarkometer.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
Health codes governing restaurants and places serving food are different creatures from the mores you use at home with people you know. And SPMiller, check the batteries in your snarkometer.
Unless your entire post was snarky, my snarkometer is fine, thanks.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score

The issue is not them fucking where people COOK. It's that they are fucking where people EAT. Speaking for myself, I would be a lot less concerned about where people are cooking, since high temperatures kill germs.

I work in a dungeon, and we clean and sanitize the rooms after every session. We wear latex gloves. And we don't even, you know, do that.

Having said that, it does not appear that this is why they were shut down. But TerzaRima has a valid point, and it is understandable that someone would not want to eat after that.

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
I'm confused. If this is a banquet hall and there's no food, then what are all these people eating?

Oh...

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Considering that sexually transmitted diseases are transmitted, well, sexually, I'd be a lot more concerned about the fact that somebody who ate there last night fully clothed might have Hepatitis or even the flu and didn't wash their hands. If disease transmission is the issue, snot-nosed little kids need to be banned from restaurants. And have you ever seen where they put their hands?

I'm guessing the standard 10% bleach treatment applied after these events, and was probably more conscientiously applied than after little Sammy's bar Mitzvah.

While some people have a high squick factor reaction, the reality is that activity much more likely to spread disease is a normal fact of life in any public dining situation.

And finger food works great for an orgy. Just a little something to nibble on, nothing heavy. So I've heard.

Last edited: