The Daily Rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

pollymilton

please hold....
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have a clue, actually. It's a giant "security" company - But we shall see. My sis and my mom were both like "DUH", so yes, I sent the email saying I'd like to hear more about it. The giant publishing empire doesn't seem to be panning out right now.

Quickbread

Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere between the beginning and the end
So you might be copyediting technical materials, or internal communications, or maybe marketing? (I write marketing.) Copyediting in either of those areas would be easy peasy for a skilled writer. Heck yeah. My fingers are crossed for you.

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
Go Polly! You said this was your week. Woohoo. Fingers crossed for you.
icon12.gif

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
Go for it, polly, and good luck!

Hi, JeffRen :welcome: I don't know if a FR is a full request or a full rejection. If the former, yay!; it the later, boo! (Or maybe it's an f'ing rejection? I've had plenty of those...)

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Or maybe "form rejection?" Although "f'ing rejection" is also accurate in that case.

In any case, JeffRen, I hope you meant "full request." :D Welcome!

Quickbread

Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere between the beginning and the end
Two rejections this week on queries, one of them from a rockstar ("not taking on new clients," which I think is just her assistant's code way of saying I wasn't rockstar enough. Obviously someone there is still reading all the queries that come in). Ah well. Holding out hope for my fulls/partial out there.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Or maybe "form rejection?" Although "f'ing rejection" is also accurate in that case.

In any case, JeffRen, I hope you meant "full request." :D Welcome!

Of course. Form. :eek:

I must be thinking big today. Janet Reid in her blog said about her contest I entered: " Every entry has merit....[E]very writer who entered is a good writer. The entries don't resemble the slush at all. They resemble finalists in writing contests I've judged over the years for MWA and RWA chapters."

She didn't say, "Except for yours, Ms. Hathor." That's something, right?

Does this mean I can adjust my query to say she thinks I'm a good writer and my manuscript has merit and resembles a finalist entry? ;)

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
I must be thinking big today. Janet Reid in her blog said about her contest I entered: " Every entry has merit....[E]very writer who entered is a good writer. The entries don't resemble the slush at all. They resemble finalists in writing contests I've judged over the years for MWA and RWA chapters."
And on an even-numbered day, too. Woohoo!

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, she could have said most, many, or a number of the entries were thus and so. She's the Query Shark and not prone to sugar-coating things.

Of course, this must mean I have no chance at all of winning, like I might have had if everything else was utter dreck. There, that's a more appropriate even-numbered-day sentiment for you. :D

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
Only 3 FRs today!!!
LOL.

So there is a term for the Friday Rejections? It's not just me?

None so far, which has me much confussed and confuzzled.

Still I live in hope.

ETa oh, so it could be full rejections? ouch. but only 3 FRs? hmmm, i dunno. need explanation!

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
Have possibly been offered job as copy editor (Carleree, stop laughing!) for gigantic company. Currently don't "work" - except for raising kids and cooking for food allergic son, etc. Any thoughts? Anyone? Company belongs to friend in NC and so would obvs. work from home. Thoughts? Has anyone done this sort of work?
wow. that's fab! and from home!!

link below which gives a good breakdown of expected duties etc etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_editing

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Of course. Form. :eek:

She didn't say, "Except for yours, Ms. Hathor." That's something, right?

Does this mean I can adjust my query to say she thinks I'm a good writer and my manuscript has merit and resembles a finalist entry? ;)

Ahaha,that would've been almost awesome if she did. :D

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Definitely, Hathor! The Shark doesn't give compliments lightly. Fingers tightly crossed!

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Ahaha,that would've been almost awesome if she did. :D

Only if she said that Ms. Hathor's entry resembled the winners of contests. No, no, the winners of major awards...

As long as I'm being delusional, how about she also asks if I have anything else, I pull out my benighted NF (no response to nudge to editor at beginning of week) and she says that looks wonderful, too. And Oprah arranges for a special just to interview me. And, and, I get my pick of a Rodgers brother. And, and, and, polly's character visits me and makes me young again.

Now that would be the way to start the weekend.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score

pollymilton

please hold....
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I was teasing! I like it if people keep him in their imaginations. That's where he belongs.

And, I don't know how they do it, but you'd better believe the moms stare at that one, even though he could be our child!

pollymilton

please hold....
Registered
Reaction score
Paul, you know they're cleaning out their inboxes before the weekend. I feel a bit left out...

pollymilton

please hold....
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. That's what I mean. I got a form yesterday , but mostly nothing. And I don't imagine I'll hear about the j o b for ages, so. Hrmph.

Status
Not open for further replies.