Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gah! Did she take the boat?

Her and her whole gang!

Grover-boat.jpg

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My 50th birthday resolution. We have an upright piano bought for one of my twins when she was five. It gets tuned every six months even though it hasn't been played since she left for university 18 months ago.

It's only good if it's played so i shall learn. The neighbours will curse me but I shall ignore them. Thanks swachski.

Oh, absolutely go for it, Purple Rose! My son has a cello that I keep telling myself I will learn to play someday. Then I can play duets all by myself. :D

Here's a song I've been working on for the past few months: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHqkNHIlfso

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Thanks swachski. I think I might have to start with Twinkle, Twinkle little star and spend some time mastering it.

And then I'll play The Owl and Pussycat for Rob. Oh wait, is that just a poem or was it really put to music a long, long time ago.

ETA: And years from now, during Qing Ming, my kids can burn a fancy piano or ipad v.123 keyboard for me

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In honor of Qing Ming Y'all I shall burn a muppet.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, Miss Susie.

*grabs a piece of cake on her way through thread*

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
You guys are soooooo funneh. We'll have a par-tay w. lotsa :Cake:s, cuz I have lotsa them :D Happy day 2U! :Hug2:s

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning! This is some kind of record, already annoyed by work, and I haven't even gotten there yet! Facebook has long arms :D

For now I will sip my coffee, nibble my lean pocket, and pretend I am a woman of leisure.

gotchan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
gordonrhorne.wordpress.com
You forgot to fall in love with someone intimately involved in the case in a way that leads to revealing the dead end qualities of your life.

Also harass Lewis so he'll learn enough to later harass Hathaway.
It annoys me they killed off Lewis' wife so he could fall in love with someone intimately involved in each case just like Morse. He doesn't have to be identical.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It annoys me they killed off Lewis' wife so he could fall in love with someone intimately involved in each case just like Morse. He doesn't have to be identical.

I thought Lewis was just attracted to the medical examiner.

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kee kats should not have evolved opposable thumbs yet.

* dexterous jazz hands*

gotchan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I thought Lewis was just attracted to the medical examiner.
There was also his old sergeant who turned out to be involved, and one of the ladies at the college, and a couple of others I can't think of off the top of my head. But, yes, Dr Laura Hobson is the recurring interest. I approve of her. Still, Mrs Lewis didn't have to be bumped off for Lewis and Laura to have an attraction to each other. If she were still around and Laura was there to listen to Lewis worrying about his wife being upset with his turning into Morse, we'd have an interesting plotline.

RichardGarfinkle

Nurture Phoenixes
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardgarfinkle.com
There was also his old sergeant who turned out to be involved, and one of the ladies at the college, and a couple of others I can't think of off the top of my head. But, yes, Dr Laura Hobson is the recurring interest. I approve of her. Still, Mrs Lewis didn't have to be bumped off for Lewis and Laura to have an attraction to each other. If she were still around and Laura was there to listen to Lewis worrying about his wife being upset with his turning into Morse, we'd have an interesting plotline.

I think they originally killed off Mrs. Lewis so he could be morose (not up to Morse's standards but still), to recreate the same dynamic between him and Hathaway that Morse had with him. But they drifted away from that since Hathaway has his own angst, so they go back and forth more than Morse and Lewis did.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here they don't usually bump off the spouse until about the fifth season when ratings are starting to sag. Then the detective can obsess over him/her while searching for the killer.

Spouses don't have a long life expectancy on detective shows. Could be worse . . . imagine being a mother animal in a Disney program. :-O

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank dawg the muppets haven't got nuffink to do with Disney!

*capers*

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Please, everyone, go watch more Disney movies (and have a Coke while you're there).

I don't want to go back to work.

gotchan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I think they originally killed off Mrs. Lewis so he could be morose (not up to Morse's standards but still), to recreate the same dynamic between him and Hathaway that Morse had with him. But they drifted away from that since Hathaway has his own angst, so they go back and forth more than Morse and Lewis did.
I agree that's probably why they did it, but they gave Hathaway so many of Morse's characteristics, why didn't they take the last step and make him morose. Then Lewis would be Mini-Morse's superior. As you say, Hathaway took on the angst later anyway. I think they tried too hard to make Lewis (the series) exactly like Inspector Morse (the series).

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In honor of Kelly's birthday, I'm not gonna say the word grits today.

Oops! :Shrug:

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
I have no idea what's going on in here and I'm too tired to go back and figure it out. That's sad. :)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, house of Grit. Great newspaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.