• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Trident Media Group

Dear Author

Yep, still at it.
Registered
Reaction score
After 121 queries followed by 3 requests for partials (all rejected), this week I received 2 requests for fulls. (one from TMG -and, the release form is a first) So, now my saga begins.

I found this very reassuring & wish you the very best luck! I've only been at this a couple of months - I'm at 27 rejections which include 2 rejected partials. I lurch from hopeful to hopeless every few days (hours.) You reminded me of the light at the end of this excruciating tunnel. So THANKS! Let us know how it turns out!

SusanH

Registered
Reaction score
If it wasn't for this place I probably would have given up on trying to get published. This place is wonderful. I'm at 58 rejections one partial rejection and one full reject. I have since revamped and wonder if I should requery the agent that rejected my full.

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
If it wasn't for this place I probably would have given up on trying to get published. This place is wonderful. I'm at 58 rejections one partial rejection and one full reject. I have since revamped and wonder if I should requery the agent that rejected my full.

Just for giggles I pulled up my old query stats. These may not be entirely accurate since at one point I stopped keeping track:

Total queries sent: 149
Rej queries: 44
Partials: 11
Fulls: 2
Partial turned full: 2!!
? - 90

A couple weeks ago I got a rejection from an agent I queried last February. I have had an agent since last July.

Dear Author

Yep, still at it.
Registered
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I got a rejection from an agent I queried last February. I have had an agent since last July.

I love it! Must have been fun to toss that last, very late, rejection. CONGRATS on landing an agent - in the end, you just need ONE "yes," right??

P.S. Love your homemade bumper sticker..

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
I love it! Must have been fun to toss that last, very late, rejection. CONGRATS on landing an agent - in the end, you just need ONE "yes," right??

P.S. Love your homemade bumper sticker..

It was pretty funny. But I heard of some guy who got an agent, got published, and three years later, as his book was going into its new edition, he got a rejection on a query, lol. He said he framed it.

The bumper sticker was on another car. Wish I'd thought of it.

SKHMOM

Registered
Reaction score
I just wanted to report that after all that great interaction I received from Melissa Flashman the first few weeks after she received my full ms (7 emails from her in 3 weeks) things slowed down. I hadn't heard from her in a month. So impatiently I send a brief email checking on the status. In my defense she had written a month ago that she was hoping to finish my ms within 2 days - so I was going crazy! Well this morning she replied (1 week after my follow up) with a really nice email saying she hasn't read any submissions in the last month because she's had deadlines to meet with her clients. She was absolutely professional and very friendly. She said she is going to finish reading mine the soonest (her words not mine!) and that she will get back to me and to keep her informed of my progress with other agents. I am SO crossing my fingers that she ends up representing me, I think she's the most approachable and easy going agent I've come across. So anyway the waiting game continues!

Marisa Chenery

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marisachenery.com
I heard back from Kimberly Whalen today. She rejected me. She said I was a good writer, but she just wasn't enthusiastic enough about it to offer me representation. I'm just pleased she didn't leave me hanging.

ChelseaWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Marisa - I'm sorry to hear about the rejection.

Can I ask - how long did she have the manuscript? And did you ever have to send her an email "nudge?"

(She's had my full for about 15 months now...!). Just curious.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Marisa - I'm sorry to hear about the rejection.

Can I ask - how long did she have the manuscript? And did you ever have to send her an email "nudge?"

(She's had my full for about 15 months now...!). Just curious.

OMG... NUDGE! Now!

Did you send by snail mail or email? 3 months, 4-5 tops, then nudge.

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all - anyone have any recent experience with John Silbersack and what his response times were? Thanks!

SusanH

Registered
Reaction score
I was rejected in a day. Wish I hadn't sent my query. It was rotten. I will wait awhile and resend. I guess with sucky querys he is fast.

Gidget Widget

Registered
Reaction score
She had the full since Jan. 14th of this year.

Sorry about the rejection, Marisa. :( It was very interesting to read this though as Kimberly Whalen requested my full in February. She's had it about two months and I wasn't sure if this was unusually long or short. I'm yet to hear anything. Judging from this post I guess I have time for a cuppa and a good book while I wait. And then some. Yours does seem to be one of the shorter response times.

Regardless of the wait though, I found them very friendly in their correspondence. I have no gripe with them. :)

ChelseaWriter

Registered
Reaction score
OMG... NUDGE! Now!

Did you send by snail mail or email? 3 months, 4-5 tops, then nudge.

I sent the full ms. by email (requested), and I've nudged about once every 4 months (with no response) since then. My next move is a snail mail nudge. After that, I'll chalk it up to a rejection. *shrug*

I've been querying other agencies in the meantime and have a partial out right now...

yeswecan

Registered
Reaction score
Chelsea, sounds like it got lost or deleted...? I wouldn't want an agent who kept me hanging that long...I'd have given up on them months ago!

Mine has been there almost 5 months so I consider that a near rejection.
Keep sending out queries and don't worry about her any longer...Their loss!

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the information! I haven't queried yet, but have them on my list.

HeidiHole

Tom Sanders
Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
[agency] Trident Media Group

. . . and I've nudged about once every 4 months (with no response) since then. My next move is a snail mail nudge. After that, I'll chalk it up to a rejection. *shrug*

Once EVERY four months? Does that mean you've been waiting at least two times four months? Save your 42 cents and move on. Twisting in the wind is not good for anyone's positive frame of mind.

I wouldn't want an agent who kept me hanging that long . . .

D'accord.

Dev

Registered
Reaction score
Nudge?

To nudge or not to nudge? Not only that, but whom to nudge?

Mr. Miller has had my full since mid-January, and I was thinking that maybe I should check on my ms. That said, all correspondence I've gotten from the agency is from his assistant. Should I check with her instead?

Then again, maybe I'm nudging too early. Any opinions out there?

Thanks,
Dev

HeidiHole

Tom Sanders
Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
[Agency} Trident Media Group

I can tell you this: they're not interested. If they really wanted your ms, they would have contacted you a long time ago, before another agent could sign you. Save your time and energy and move on. Your ms has already been considered, or it would not have been asked for in the first place. (I'm assuming that agents ask for fulls to actually read them, and not just to keep their in-boxes filled.) Three months to answer a simple yes or no question. Would you really want to place your writing career in their hands?

Dev

Registered
Reaction score
Heidihole, I asked for advice, not vitriol...

Victoria, sorry for bringing Heidi out of her hole...I thought it was a valid question.

--Dev

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Dev, 3 months isn't all that long for a read, especially on a full. But it's definitely okay to nudge at 3 months.