Continental issues...

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
I need visitors from South America, Africa, and Oceania--my map is so empty!

Just kiddin!

I just wanted to share a fun add-on:

www.clustrmaps.com

Saw one on another blog and, being the idea slut that I am, had to have one. It's pretty cool. It maps out your visitors by location in a tiny map on your site, but if you click the map it gives a large, more detailed version. Plus, it's free!

One note: if you put the code on your blog, it takes several days for the map to get updated and to then start displaying visitor locations. Don't get frustrated!

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
You can have the guy who visited my site looking for "gay platypus" images...I'm not sure where he was from, but you can have him.

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
I so relate to your post, robeiae. When I first got StatCounter I was obsessed with my mapping toy. I wanted hits from every continent, by golly! So far so good. I have had visitors from every continent but Antarctica.

Dang penguins...

Anyhoo, I found that by typing about Elvis I get lots of hits from all over the globe.

One of the ickiest I got was from Yemen for Mama f***ers. I apparently typed about my mama and used that bad word about the management of my apartment within one post and that's how that search led that person to me. Today I had a hit via Google India that was looking for "when babies comes out from vergina (sic)."

All together now - Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I have to admit, though, I think Dawno's gay platypi beat mine all to heck.