The Girlie Thread

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
And then I come in with my size 9.5's, swimming in 10's. Hehehehehehehehehehehehe

Last edited:

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, and you've probably got the long legs and killer lengthy body to go with them sexay feet!

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Did somebody just say shexxxxxxxxxxaaaaaaaaaaaay?!?!?!? Hottpants where are you!!!!!!!

ACEnders

Self-Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Website
strugglingwritersblog.blogspot.com
Hey, we're almost feet twins!

Go us!

:D

:hooray: Do you remember that Seinfeld episode with the hand twins? lol

Yeah, and you've probably got the long legs and killer lengthy body to go with them sexay feet!

Exactly. I'm all of 5'2" and curvy. For the most part, though, I'm happy with my body. I like being short.

Unless i'm next to my tall, blonde, perfect bodied girlfriend Susan. :(

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: Do you remember that Seinfeld episode with the hand twins? lol
Yup, that's what I was thinking of.

I like being short.

Unless i'm next to my tall, blonde, perfect bodied girlfriend Susan. :(
Yeah, same here, well, not Susan, but same general idea.

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
'scuse me while I hang this next to the Orlando Bloom poster.

Olivetti_Nameth_Typing.jpg

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
If we're putting up posters. . .how 'bout this one?

:D

m4.gif

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all!

I just got off work about 30 minutes ago and am now currently enjoying a peanut butter cup flurry with EXTRA peanut butter cups. I'll probably feel bad about eating it later, but at this moment I am feeling WONDERFUL :D

Oh and I'm also talking to...don't know what to call him anymore lol. We'll call him Matthew :D (since that's his name)

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I apologize bursting in here without respectfully reading all of your gripes and rants, but I have to just say this:

My boyfriend wants me to stop drinking coffee.

He watched an episode of The View, where they were so nice to discuss all the baaaaaaad things drinking coffee does to your body, skin, health, etc.

I'm sorry. I can not do this. This will not work. Tea is NOT the same.
Just give me the coffee and no one gets hurt.

I need my coffee. Trust me the benefits out weigh the draw backs. You don't want to test that theory. Just trust me.

Alice.S

just ate all your candy
Registered
Reaction score
It will be morning for me in 15mins...saturday...sleeping in :)

ACEnders

Self-Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Where are ya'll this morning?

I need some girlie support...

My husband's an air traffic controller. He used to work shift work, holidays, and weekends. Our days off weren't the same, and it was tough, but we made it work.

For almost 2 years now, he's had a normal 9-5 job at headquarters with travel. He travels quite a bit, but honestly, I prefer this to the shift work. I love having dinner together and spending weekends together. I love it.

This fall, he's going back to school. He has an Associates and about 2.5 years under his belt, and he wants his Bachelors. he's not sure what he'll major in. He's thought about law and going to law school so he can be a lawyer once he retires (Air Traffic Controllers retire pretty young - 55 or 25 years). He's thought about electrical engineering because it interests him, and he does a lot of DIY projects. He's thought about English because that'll be good with pretty much anything he does once he retires from the FAA.

I'm so proud of him, and I'm excited for him. But both of us are nervous. The good thing is that his boss is letting him take Tuesdays and Thursdays for classes. The bad news is that this is going to take a LOT out of him. His job is already pretty much a 24/7 job. He's always working, checking up on his email, keeping up with what's going on. When he travels, he works from 7am to midnight. Sometimes later, rarely earlier. He does take out time for me and for us, but he works. A lot.

Now he's going to throw school into the mix. Time is going to become a major factor. And I'm so nervous. My husband and I spend most of our not-at-work time together. And I like it that way. so does he. And we've both talked about how this will change things.

I just need someone to tell me it won't be as bad as I'm thinking it will. I need to be supportive, not jealous of the time school takes away from me. He'll have so much stress already, I don't want to add to it by needing his attention.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Jennifer75, tell your boyfriend those ladies on the view don't know squat, here's the real skivvy on coffee.

Here's the whole article from WebMD, you can find lots more out there if you just google it.

WebMD said:
Coffee: The New Health Food?

Plenty of health benefits are brewing in America's beloved beverage.
By Sid Kirchheimer
WebMD Feature
Reviewed by Michael W. Smith, MD

Want a drug that could lower your risk of diabetes, Parkinson's disease, and colon cancer? That could lift your mood and treat headaches? That could lower your risk of cavities?
If it sounds too good to be true, think again.
Coffee, the much maligned but undoubtedly beloved beverage, just made headlines for possibly cutting the risk of the latest disease epidemic, type 2 diabetes. And the real news seems to be that the more you drink, the better.​

ACE, that is scary, but like Sass said, it's an investment in your future so you'll be able to spend more quality time together later.​

ACEnders

Self-Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Jennifer75, tell your boyfriend those ladies on the view don't know squat, here's the real skivvy on coffee.

Here's the whole article from WebMD, you can find lots more out there if you just google it.

I think I should go get another cup of coffee right about now...

ACE, that is scary, but like Sass said, it's an investment in your future so you'll be able to spend more quality time together later. [/left]

Yeah, you're right. We've just always been such a together couple. I mean, we've been together for 8 years and still spend as much time as possible together. And when we can't be together, and even when we can, we give each other so much attention. I've been so spoiled. Sometimes I wish I hadn't been quite so spoiled so that maybe this wouldn't be so hard.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
ACE, I do understand. (((hugs))) Hubby and I have been married for 12 and a half years and until about 4 years ago when he joined the Army, we never spent much time apart. We were always accused of being anti social from our friends because, well, we just liked hanging out with each other more than with anyone else. We are (I know it's cliche) best friends. No one is more fun than him to be with, NO ONE! But when you're forced apart, it gives you this tragically wonderful opportunity to truly appreciate what you have as a couple, and what YOU contribute to this union, and gives you time to walk a few steps on your own, though you'll wobble and be weary, eventually you can find the good in the journey too. You'll still be a loving couple, don't worry. Learn to relax and enjoy the moments together and on your own.

ACEnders

Self-Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Website
You're right. I was hoping you'd respond to my post because you have it even harder. I don't envy you, but I do admire you. I don't know how you do it. You guys sound like me and Nate. Yeah, we love spending time with our friends, and once in awhile, he'll go out with one of his guy friends or I'll meet a girlfriend for dinner. But most of the time, it's just me and him. We are each other's best friend too. That's how it should be for married couples. We feel the same way that there's just no one else we'd rather hang out with! Whether we're watching a movie or going out or eating dinner....it's just sooooo much better doing it with him than anyone else!

Thank you.

And hugs to you too. :)

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
Storygirl, that's such good advice.

Here's a funny story. This morning after our run my husband made us oatmeal for breakfast. He was really hungry so decided to also make scrambled eggs. I sat down with my oatmeal and coffee and watched as he methodically covered his eggs with his oatmeal. We were in the middle of a conversation so I didn't say anything, but in my head I was wondering WTF he was doing. But I kept quiet. He finally took a bite and almost spit it out on the plate. That's when I lost it and busted out laughing. He said it was the grossest thing he'd ever made, LOL. He managed to eat it after smothering the entire plate with honey.

Mmmm, honey oatmeal eggs. *barf*

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Yep Ace, that is the truth. And we are sooooo lucky to have husbands that we miss when we can't spend the time we want to with them, husbands that miss spending the time they'd like to with us. A lot of couples LOVE their time apart, and I, for one, feel very lucky not to be one of them.

ETA: Mel, that is too funny! Gross, but yeah, I'd be laughing too.

ACEnders

Self-Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Website
You're right. I don't understand couples like that at all. Really, I don't. And there are a lot like that! That look forward to time apart. I'm not saying that we both don't need a little bit of alone time. Everyone does. But I need my time with him and value it even more than than the time I spend by myself.

ACEnders

Self-Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Storygirl, that's such good advice.

Here's a funny story. This morning after our run my husband made us oatmeal for breakfast. He was really hungry so decided to also make scrambled eggs. I sat down with my oatmeal and coffee and watched as he methodically covered his eggs with his oatmeal. We were in the middle of a conversation so I didn't say anything, but in my head I was wondering WTF he was doing. But I kept quiet. He finally took a bite and almost spit it out on the plate. That's when I lost it and busted out laughing. He said it was the grossest thing he'd ever made, LOL. He managed to eat it after smothering the entire plate with honey.

Mmmm, honey oatmeal eggs. *barf*

That is hilarious!!!!