Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone read these whole mini epics?
Yes. :)

My thoughts for Blueberry too.

ION: I finished my chapter and even got a few words down for the next. And I still need to write down that romantic scene that I mentioned earlier before it turns into a major distraction.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Fen.

In other news, I screwed up badly with these evaluations. Now I feel tired and hate myself.

:Hug2: Don't hate yourself. We all screw up. I got my horse tangled in uber strong marine lines and he could have broken a leg but we dealt with it and carried on.

The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing. ~John Powell

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, cheers V

I am off to bed for realz this time.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Thanks again, Fen. I think I'm a bit upset with my birthday coming up and all. I yend to get emotional...

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Hey, everyone. I haven't been around much. Not that I'e been doing what I should have been doing.

Went to dinner with my sissy! I haven't seen her in MONTHS! And chatted on Facebook with my niece.

I hope everyone is ok - hugs to those that need them...

I've also started a random insane sort of book blog. Link in signature if you want to check 'er out.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
What she said.

As for time being a dimension, there's a dead easy experiment you can do to prove this. Toss a ball from one hand to the other. It happens fast, right? Now toss that ball *high* from one hand to the other. It takes longer. This is because it has gone through more space. (I know this is blindingly obvious. But sometimes asking 'why?' about blindingly obvious things yields interesting answers). If time was not a dimension inextricably intertwined with physical space, this would not be the case. Space doesn't care if you measure it in millimetres or lightyears. Likewise with time, and hours or aeons.

And yes, I was talking about the M-Theory subset of string theory. Which is weird and peculiar, and upon which my grasp is not sure...

BM

This actually makes sense. In a very weird sort of way.

As to the m subset theroy, I don't think I get it entirely either, but I did like the idea that having two membranes bang against each other created the big bang.

Physics, or at least the bits of it that aren't all proofs, blows my mind.

Thanks again, Fen. I think I'm a bit upset with my birthday coming up and all. I yend to get emotional...

:Hug2:

Ion, work was work was work. I can't wait until the summer holidays are over and I can start being a starving student again. Anything to not be in retail.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Well, my braids(and scalp) are starting to hurt just a little less. But they still kind of really hurt. I finally hit the 51% mark on this galley that I have. I might try to go ahead and finish it tomorrow, or hopefully, the week. That way I can go ahead and get my review posted and everything.

I think after that I'll read some of the books that I own that I haven't gotten to yet, and then I might start checking some out at the library. But we'll see.

--

I also still need to create a blog for my fiction.

--

I also have some homework that I need to work on.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I like the hologram theory, as it states explicitly that nothing which has ever existed is lost forever. All those stars which have exploded? All logged in the memory of the universe... Of course, we could be in a holographic universe which remembers the membranes of brane theory, but that would require us to be in a pocket universe of some kind, and the math gets progressively complicated when you start viewing things in terms of matryoshka dolls...

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
ION: I had a question that's been nagging me since I self-banned, and no amount of dictionary-diving has helped me any, so I turn to you all. I'd go to the people outside but I don't think the question is big enough to devote a whole entire thread to it. It's just this: can a property be a campus without being medical or institutional? my people want to say 'off-campus', but my brain says they can't until I know whether or not it's 'proper'.

Google, Microsoft, Pixar and Apple all have campuses. I think the term is fine if the site is sufficiently big and multi-buildinged... You're not going to call a barber shop a campus, but if you've got the sort of place where it takes more than 5 minutes to walk quickly from a building at one end to a building at the other, then it probably suits.

Any help? :)

Last edited:

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
So my self imposed exile to get more writing doen was a failure. Instead I wound up missing you all, taking care of my poor wife while she had the flu, moving in a roommate, throwing a party for my 7 year old during which the police had to be called. Remind me again why I thought leaving would be a good idea.

Missed you all, hope everything has gone well here. Yay for all of your achievements. Hugs for all of your sorrows. See you tomorrow.

Andelana, I think suites what you are looking for.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Cantina and :Hug2: to those who need them.

Off to work in just under half an hour. New snow fell yesterday and it's still thick on the ground. According to the BBC weather site, it's -1 C at the moment and likely to go down to - 4 C tonight and possibly there will be some more snow. I know that's positively balmy compared to where some of you are, but it's pretty parky for the south of England. I wonder how this will affect other people in the office getting in.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So my self imposed exile to get more writing doen was a failure. Instead I wound up missing you all, taking care of my poor wife while she had the flu, moving in a roommate, throwing a party for my 7 year old during which the police had to be called. Remind me again why I thought leaving would be a good idea.

Tell us more about this party. It sounds better than any party I've been to, ever. :D

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aww... Poor birdy... :(

He's just so tiny I feel he shouldn't have cancer. There should be a cute clause against cancer.

I've decided birthdays are just a good chill day. If other folks have time to hang out, great. If not, fk it. It's my day.

Hey, everyone. I haven't been around much. Not that I'e been doing what I should have been doing.

Went to dinner with my sissy! I haven't seen her in MONTHS! And chatted on Facebook with my niece.

I hope everyone is ok - hugs to those that need them...

I've also started a random insane sort of book blog. Link in signature if you want to check 'er out.

Hallo again. Don't make me crotch grab you!

Missed you all, hope everything has gone well here. Yay for all of your achievements. Hugs for all of your sorrows. See you tomorrow.

Seconding a need for details :)

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com

A 7 year old party had cop involvement?

Sounds interesting. Spill :D

Shoestring

Junior Space Janitor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiding from mountain trolls. Do you smell fish?
Google, Microsoft, Pixar and Apple all have campuses. I think the term is fine if the site is sufficiently big and multi-buildinged... You're not going to call a barber shop a campus, but if you've got the sort of place where it takes more than 5 minutes to walk quickly from a building at one end to a building at the other, then it probably suits.

Any help? :)

Tons. Thanks a lot!

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I love how the frost on the windows in the morning creates such beautiful patterns.

I'm going to spend the next half-hour trying to get a good picture of it for my desktop. :D

Addendum: The pretty of the ice window:

icewindow_zpsb232190f.jpg

Last edited:

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Addendum: The pretty of the ice window:

icewindow_zpsb232190f.jpg

Oooo, pretty.

And good morning all!

Took a day off of potty training yesterday. It started out as just having Toddler wear pull-ups for church (no Sunday School teacher needs to deal with that mess), but then we just let him stay in it. We all needed a break. But now it's back to business as usual.

And now I should go write. I'm near the climax of my Secret Short. I really need to finish it so I can edit the living crap out of it. And there is a lot of crap. :)

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Morning folks. I'm sitting in a Tim Ho's in my pajamas right now sippin' delicious tea in a sunny window, is awesome.

I need to get more dilligent about checking my reps, because someone actually reminded me to tell that story from ages ago. D'oh.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for all the reps everyone.

I have now consumed chocolate yogurt. Mmm.

In related news, my mom has started adding cocoa to her yogurt. I'm starting a trend ;)

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Not so great when a minor character decides he is the star, and keeps hogging the scenes he is in though...

I hate when that happens. Kick that mofo in the butt, man.

Though, sometimes, there are some people/ critiques that should just be ignored. Reality is, some people are just mean/ jealous, and they're going to take it out on your work.

This is probably true, but also there are crits that need to be ignored because they are simply not helpful, even when they aren't mean or jealous.

I was once told I should stop writing in English altogether. So... yep.

Well fuck that person who told you that. At most, you would need a good editor in English, but I don't even think you need that. And if you didn't write in English I would have to go actually use my Spanish so I could still read it.

If I never see you again, Cantina, know that I loved you well but, perhaps, not wisely.
Dude, you better get back here :eek: Be careful!!!!

What 10s said.

I think I'm a bit upset with my birthday coming up and all.

Oh man my da, I know the feeling. Birthdays... guh.

I like the hologram theory, as it states explicitly that nothing which has ever existed is lost forever. All those stars which have exploded? All logged in the memory of the universe... Of course, we could be in a holographic universe which remembers the membranes of brane theory, but that would require us to be in a pocket universe of some kind, and the math gets progressively complicated when you start viewing things in terms of matryoshka dolls...

I vaguely remember reading an article last month that presented recent evidence our universe might actually, honest-to-the-gods, seriously be a computer simulation. I wish I could find the link to it.

Tell us more about this party. It sounds better than any party I've been to, ever. :D

:roll: What she said, Stan. What she said.

Shenanigans!

Registered
Reaction score
Raventongue, do you mean this?
http://io9.com/5950543/physicists-say-there-may-be-a-way-to-prove-that-we-live-in-a-computer-simulation

Hope, that works, first time using links here.

Man, I should not have stayed up to two reading. My alarm did not go off despite waking up at the right time. I think I killed another alarm clock. We'll see how good a day this turns out to be. I'm hanging out most of the day with friends which means I have a very short window to get essay work and my own writing done before.

Status
Not open for further replies.