• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta-reader Wanted for YA Adventure/Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Monday

Registered
Reaction score
Title is rather self-explanatory, but some more information:

The work in question is 81,000 words, titled Seafear. It's about a 17-year-old boy who's afraid of water who gets kidnapped by pirates in a nation made up of 20 different islands. It has mixed elements of fantasy and adventure (Pirates! Magic! Vapid explanatory parenthetical remarks!).

I've finished the first draft, and I'm going through and doing some housecleaning on it. I'm about 100 pages through on the revisions, but I've found that the only major edits I tend to make are word changes. In fact, that accounts for around 90% of the changes I've made.

Basically, I'm looking for someone who would be willing to go through each chapter and tell me what works and what doesn't. I think we would be working on a chapter by chapter basis here, so the work isn't so overwhelming.

Any interest is very appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.