Ray's House of Love (Volume II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Birthday, Miss Sassypants!

I like to drink wine more than I used to (I'm butchering that line from The Godfather), but I'm not often online to share the glow. I do visit the Drunk Thread when I am, though.

Last night, when my wonderful healthy pizza stuck to the freakin' stone, the resulting mess (which we ate anyway, because that was dinner) merited opening the last bottle of red. It dulled the pain. Of course, this morning the crumbs and flakes and cornmeal all over the stove and the floor nearby remind me of my cooking failure. Who will clean it all up, I wonder?

Maryn, clueless

Mr. Grr and I made a pizza the other night and it wasn't very good at all. We didn't have a stone, just an aluminum pan, and it was a disaster. We couldn't get it off of the pan. We ended up just tossing the pan. I'm going to get a new one in the next day or so, as soon as I decide between a new aluminum pan and a stone. He managed to eat most of his half, but I couldn't get through mine. Plus, it was a whole wheat/honey crust, and I managed to drip honey on the dog. Obviously, you can't just wipe honey off of fur and be done with it, so we had to give him a bath on top of trying to clean up the pizza mess. I think we'll buy crust from now on. :)

Mom'sWrite

Service with a smile
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.returnengagement.blogspot.com
I have a steaming fried pork sandwich for the birthday girl.

Six people went into cardiac arrest from reading this.

Happy birthday, Ms. Sass. Keep the groove going 'til the wee hours.

Refrigerator repairmen just left. Hopefully, this means that my perishables won't be perishing in record time any more. I'm not pleased with the mess they left, though the dogs seem to be appreciative of the large puddle in the middle of the kitchen floor. Looks like a rousing game of Marco Polo.

Carol, thinking of joining them

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't you just love eavesdropping? I do.

Maryn, who should have been a spy

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll hold that thought until the idea of cold food actually has some appeal. It's 40 degrees here.

Maryn, hoping tomorrow's predicted snowstorm misses her

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Grr sorry to hear about your pizza trouble. I always use spray oil (like pam but i buy the store brand) and then sprinkle my pan with corn meal before I roll out my dough, on stone or aluminum. We bought an aluminum pan with holes in it the other day. So far I've only used bobali crust or reheated delivery on it but it made the crust crispy. I didn't use corn meal on that. it would be messy. ;)

Mr. Groove took me to Outback Steakhouse last night for my b-day. We had appetizers, I had a rum drink, and then after dinner they sang to me and brought me ice cream. It was a good date. :)

Mom'sWrite

Service with a smile
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Grr sorry to hear about your pizza trouble. I always use spray oil (like pam but i buy the store brand) and then sprinkle my pan with corn meal before I roll out my dough, on stone or aluminum. We bought an aluminum pan with holes in it the other day. So far I've only used bobali crust or reheated delivery on it but it made the crust crispy. I didn't use corn meal on that. it would be messy. ;)

Mr. Groove took me to Outback Steakhouse last night for my b-day. We had appetizers, I had a rum drink, and then after dinner they sang to me and brought me ice cream. It was a good date. :)

Meat and a date -- two good things. And ice cream -- three good things. :)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, in honor of April Fool'sDay here's some :Cake:s 'n some :e2moon:s 4 y'all and to bring your super thread back to the top! :D

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking frankly, I never went on a date that didn't include at least the possibility of meat.

Maryn, who can't believe she said that

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's quite similar to chocolate, but oddly enough, much lower in calories. Very hard to obtain, of course.

I need to buy some groceries, but I'm dragging my feet, partly because I'm lazy and partly because the store's jammed with Easter goodies which are very hard to resist.

Maryn, whose intention is to buy none at all

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
Speaking frankly, I never went on a date that didn't include at least the possibility of meat.

Maryn, who can't believe she said that
Just quoting so when Maryn edits it into something less mucky, it'll still be here.

I always thought meat-and-greet had the order reversed.
We move in very different circles.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, all. Maryn, if you manage to find some chocalate, please send some my way. Preferably dark chocalate. A lower calorie chocolate is just what I've been looking for. :D

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I like the new House... we should make this permanent.

And I like the new AW colors and fonts... I know it's April's Fool.. but we should keep it.

Mom'sWrite

Service with a smile
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website

I'm relieved to hear the date-meat corresponding relationship hasn't been renovated in the name of progress.

Carol, suddenly concerned about such things :)

Status
Not open for further replies.