Oh, man, I can't believe I said THAT in a post!

Deleted member 42

There's also the point where, even if I really really truly did not at all ever think I would hurt someone's feelings . . .

I did. Yes, it was unintentional, but mostly I hate hurting someone's feelings, and yes, I will apologize.

There's that thing that we have a huge membership, and lots of people whom we "know"--but there are about that many invisible regular lurkers, too.

There's a reason I use Walloons as an example class--first, there aren't likely going to be people objecting, and second .. .

Well

Walloons is a funny word. It just is.

But I did once try to explain to a Walloon descendant that I was not meaning to be hurtful, and yes, I did apologize.

Last edited by a moderator:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I like derails, quite honestly. I often--not always, but often--find them both useful and interesting. No need to apologize to me.

I had butternut squash soup for lunch. It was okay, but I would have preferred tomato.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
PS. God is most definitely a woman. Men are too dumb to create universes. Besides, they find it hard just getting off the couch.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I really have no idea what this thread is about anymore, but I just wanted to say...I heart scarletpeaches. There, I said it and I AIN'T TAKIN' IT BACK!

Funny thing about that, she can call me the most horrid names, and I never take offense because, well, it's just what she does. And yes, I do realize that she means it. :D

I also realized today that of the three times someone has offended me in the short time I've been here, one was a complete misinterpretation on my part and the other two were just from jerkwads. So, I guess being offended twice in...however many threads I've posted in isn't too bad. For the most part, people here have good senses of humor and know how to roll with it.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's a reason I use Walloons as an example class--first, there aren't likely going to be people objecting, and second .. .

Well

Walloons is a funny word. It just is.

Before I read your frequent mentions of Walloons, I had never heard of them. I had to look up the word to figure out what the hell Walloons are.

And yes, Walloons is a funny word.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, this isn't turning into another thread about things peaches once sucked is it?

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I make teh awesome butternut squash soup. But there's nothing in the world as comforting as cream-of-tomato with a grilled cheese sandwich.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I also realized today that of the three times someone has offended me in the short time I've been here, one was a complete misinterpretation on my part and the other two were just from jerkwads. So, I guess being offended twice in...however many threads I've posted in isn't too bad. For the most part, people here have good senses of humor and know how to roll with it.
I've been offended three times in this thread alone. Actually four, since you love SP and not me.

I let it go too, 'cause that's how I roll.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Speaking of rolls, I'm hungry. Where's that cream of tomato soup and grilled cheese?

Reaction score
I make teh awesome butternut squash soup. But there's nothing in the world as comforting as cream-of-tomato with a grilled cheese sandwich.
One day when I'm rich and famous I shall introduce you to the joys of a fried egg and bacon roll.

You'll never be able to look a grilled cheese sammich in the face again.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love Wayne too, but I'm not going to say that very loud, because he totally went hammy for it and that is so not cool.

Grilled cheese for me please!

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I love Wayne too, but I'm not going to say that very loud, because he totally went hammy for it and that is so not cool.

Grilled cheese for me please!
Hammy?

Now I want ham on my grilled cheese.

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
This thread mutates faster than a virus.