Christmas 1916: Fun with the Pup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxx

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
So there I was playing Rise of Flight (a WWI aircraft simulator game made by a Russian company with what looks like a Unix chmod for a name: 777). I like to start WWI air games with the earliest planes possible, but this one is realistic and the Fokker Eindekker EIII has no chance against the Airco DH2, so the next pair off is the Albatross II against the Nieuport 11, or the DH2 or the Sopwith Pup.
I bought the Pup (in RoF you can buy planes one a a time if you want) and flew off into the winter sky hoping for the best but
The Albatross had no trouble with up to twice its number of those Pups and DH2s and Bebes (since the Alb has 2 MG and all of those have one each, two-to-one is more fair than it seems). Finally, over the snowy fields of Christmas 1916, I brought in the Sopwith Triplane (I didn't buy it, but I could include them as an AI flight), the Pups beat the Albatrosses in a horrific dawn fight complete with collisions, explosions and wings and burning debris raining from the sky. And I even survived in a Pup named Happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.