The Next Circle of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinta

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Callalily61 and Triceretops. I guess, I won't officially be a hellion until my book starts making the circuit

Callalily, Congratulations on your recent sale. When is the publication date? Hope your edits with your editor( has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?) goes well. Tri, what is you situation? Is your agent shopping your book?

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
shinta, you can be a hellion-in-training. :)

I don't have the official contract yet, so "Spring 2011" is as close as I can get. The vision meeting is today and my editor said to expect edits next week sometime. Squee!

YAwriter72

someone let me off this crazy ride
Registered
Reaction score
We all live under the same sky, but we don't all h
Website
www.leebross.com
Instead of editing, my muse has decided to drop the entire plot of book 2 into my lap. Wrapped in a pretty red bow. Damn her! I can't write a book 2 until book 1 sells! She knows this, yet she torments me anyway.

And I think current revise book needs to be first person present, not past. Thankfully I am only 34 pages in right now of rewrites, so its doable.

YAwriter72

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.leebross.com
Heehee, truer words, I already have two pages of notes. And I get all giddy going over them cause they are so good and would SO rock the story that started in book 1.

Agent man has book 1, and I am waiting on feedback. *sigh* I hate this part cause I never know what to do. Keep working on book 1 cause I know it needs more, edit other book he saw already and said, "Needs more epiness" or just sit around and drink wine and eat chocolate! LOL

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
YA, those muses have minds of their own -- thank goodness, because they do come up with the greatest ideas for us.

YAwriter72

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.leebross.com
"epiness"? Do tell!

Its an UF YA about faerys, but different, but apparently too "same" in the second half. Umm yeah.

But he loved the concept and the first 50 pages, its dark (She's a drug addict from the Bronx) and really gritty, but then when she discovers the faery world, it got too....Disney? Predictable? So I sketched out some ideas on how to make the fey world actually worst than ours and it took off and now it has that "Marketability" he was looking for and I just have to rewrite the entire damned thing! LOL

Actually his words were along the lines of, "Its' Good, too predictable, just doesn't stand out enough in this tougher market."

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Yay for marketability!

All those years I spent in Direct Marketing really gave me an understanding of how Marketing Rules The World. It's sort of like a staph infection: once it's in your system it's there forever and can crop up any time to taint your outlook.

Ew. But appropriate.

YAwriter72

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.leebross.com
Yay for marketability!

All those years I spent in Direct Marketing really gave me an understanding of how Marketing Rules The World. It's sort of like a staph infection: once it's in your system it's there forever and can crop up any time to taint your outlook.

Ew. But appropriate.

:roll:Ummm...now I really don't want to open my WIP!!!

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
Shinta: We went on sub mid-November (and run right smack into the Thanksgiving holidays. Hehe.) and the book sold on Dec 23. :)

Thanks for sharing HC. That's amazing, I'm glad you weren't stuck waiting long. What do you write? (Sorry if you already said this before somewhere else)

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
Oops, did I make a mistake? I didn't introduce myself *waves to everyone* Hi, I'm a new-hellion too I guess. Still in shock that I got an agent and trying to get over the whole "huh? you mean I have to go through ANOTHER circle of hell??? How many are there?"

Welcome Shinta!

We can be noobs together :) I need hand holding too (hold me! lolol)

Last edited:

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
And definitely don't open any email from Lily. Her Outlook is tainted.

YAwriter72

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.leebross.com
Oops, did I make a mistake? I didn't introduce myself *waves to everyone* Hi, I'm a new-hellion too I guess. Still in shock that I got an agent and trying to get over the whole "huh? you mean I have to go through ANOTHER circle of hell??? How many are there?"

Welcome Shinta!

We can be noobs together :) I need hand holding too (hold me! lolol)

Hell is like an onion! It never ends!!!

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Soulcascade. This is one of those awkward things, like when you start talking to someone at the park or waiting for the train, then months pass, and you realize you don't know their name.

wittyusernamehere

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Soulcascade! Hi Shinta! I am a noob as well. Have been on submission, and totally enjoy reading the posts here. It is a brief solace from being poked repeatedly in the butt by my personal email demon with his 'no new messages' pitchfork.

Last edited:

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Soulcascade! Hi Shinta! I am a noob as well. Have been on submission since the beginning of December, and totally enjoy reading the posts here. It is a brief solace from being poked repeatedly in the butt by my personal email demon with his 'no new messages' pitchfork.

No new messages pitchfork....bwahahahaahah :D

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
Here's a question for you all (my writing partner and I disagree, maybe you can help). Between sentences in a mss, do you double space or single space?

Status
Not open for further replies.