Requisite newbie thread, ahoy!

varethane

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! These forums always seem to pop up in all the most interesting writing-related discussions online, so after a year or so of on-and-off anonymous thread-browsing I decided to join up.

I'm more of an artist than a writer, really (or at least, eventually when I get out of school I expect that I'll go into art rather than writing), but as my primary obsession is comics I still find these forums quite relevant to my interests. One day I hope to have a graphic novel published-- not the one I'm working on right now (which is quite happy living on the internet), but perhaps some future project, after I've honed my skills and learned more about how to effectively craft interesting stories.

I look forward to participating in these forums! C:

Cheers!

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Cooler.

The material you have put up feels like a French comic album from the seventies, maybe one of the early Metal Hurlant pieces, though some panels have a Manga tint to them as well. The rain shield reminded me of the bottle city of Kandor from Silver Age Superman comics as well.

I would suggest you go back through the pages and use Photoshop (or Coral) to tidy up individual panels and smooth out some of the colors. I also noticed a typo or two. Nothing that would prevent you from taking the story further, but they stand out.

Best of luck with the art. :)

Ugawa

It's a catastrophic success!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

x

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5-2.gif