Aloha from Aloha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flick Montana

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My name is Aaron and I've been writing all my life. I recently found myself seriously upset about the fact that I had given up on writing for a living and walked down a dead end path of low-paying and unsatisfying jobs. That having been said, I am now unemployed, in debt and spending my whole day writing. I hope this whole 'following my dream' thing works out.

I recently moved to Aloha, Oregon from Indiana. Much different out here. I can see a mountain from my house and not just corn fields and housing additions. Crazy stuff.

I typically write sci fi and fantasy, but I have also written a couple other stories outside those genres. Right now I am rewriting an old story I wrote when I was younger. Once I finish I hope to get published. I'm not interested in making lots of money, but if I can match my previous income of near-poverty line levels, I'll be happy.

All that having been said, I hope I get to know a lot of people around here. I'm very excited about starting my writing career so you'll have to excuse me if I don't give in to the crushing negativity that people have shoveled at me thus far when I tell them I want to be a writer.

See ya around the boards!
~Aaron

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
Welcome Aaron!
As an Oregon transplant to Virginia, I'd trade places with you in a second. :D

Chin up, wee cowboy, you'll find the support you need here!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
greetings and welcome aboard :welcome:

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

Kirby

Destined to serve and roam.
Registered
Reaction score
Aaron,

I think you and I met on the Writer's Digest forum. You're doing what many others are too scared to do. Keep at it and know that I and many others are behind you 100%. Whatever writing support you need, we'll try our best to send it your way.

Sincerely,

Kirby

Riley

They won't let me be good
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AbsoluteWrite!

You're pretty brave. I don't think I could even consider doing what you're doing. I really hope you find success.

Chrisla

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My name is Aaron and I've been writing all my life. I typically write sci fi and fantasy, but I have also written a couple other stories outside those genres. Right now I am rewriting an old story I wrote when I was younger. Once I finish I hope to get published. I'm not interested in making lots of money, but if I can match my previous income of near-poverty line levels, I'll be happy.

All that having been said, I hope I get to know a lot of people around here. I'm very excited about starting my writing career so you'll have to excuse me if I don't give in to the crushing negativity that people have shoveled at me thus far when I tell them I want to be a writer.

But you ARE a writer! You've been writing all your life. Welcome to a community of kindred spirits.

Status
Not open for further replies.