I'm Baaaccckk....

Jackie B.

Registered
Reaction score
No, just kidding. Silly intro. Sorry...

Anyway, I'm not technically a newbie, although I still have much to learn and there's so much more to explore on the AW site. But I thought I should stop by and reintroduce myself.

I had to take a hiatus from writing which also meant a hiatus from AW. :cry:That was a bummer since I'd thoroughly enjoyed hanging around, oh so many years ago.

Well, now I'm back at the writing thing and loving getting the chance to mingle with other writers. It's been too long! Looking forward to getting to know you better.

BTW - I'm working on an somewhat unconventional serialized project and am interested in hooking up with writers who like short-form writing (flash fiction, fan fiction, text novels etc..) Can anyone point me to a good place on the site for that? I found the Short Fiction section (although it's mostly for people writing short stories) and search is not working for some reason (keep getting a blank page when I click on a search result), so I'm having a hard time finding folks of that ilk.

Thanks!

Ugawa

It's a catastrophic success!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back :D

x

Caramia

Alliteration Afflicted
Registered
Reaction score

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

NobleHunter

A dragon, or a cat.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back.

You can have a welcoming party in the pub, just walk in and ask :tongue

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Cooler.

If you are thinking about doing something along the lines of the Victorian serialized novels, film serials or comics (but in prose, naturally) then I was working on something similar for a while. The trick is keeping each part readable as a complete story in and of itself, while moving plot and character forward. I gave up after a while, but I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5-2.gif

Jackie B.

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome back, everyone!

Noblehunter - I'll have to check out the pub. Didn't even know it was there.

Big Words - It's a paranormal, YA soap that touches on deeper themes. I'm interested to hear more about your experience so I'll PM you, if you don't mind. Thanks!