New MG writer...

Helsinki07

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.TerminalVerbosity.com
Hello! I've been lurking for a week or so now and decided it was time to introduce myself.

I've known I wanted to be a writer since I presented my first grade teacher with what I considered to be a scintillating book report on The Fantastic Mr. Fox. Approximately 852 years later, I'm taking a break from a career in communications to pursue creative writing.

I've written two novels, a load of short stories, poems, and essays, but have only started thinking about trying to get published in about the last six months. Wow, do I have a lot to learn.

Right now I'm focused on writing middle grade because I have two children at that age, so it feels authentic to me. And I love children's books, both the ones I read as a child and the new ones I'm discovering now.

Looking forward to participating here...

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

anastasia091

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm in a similar situation - been reading all the awesome info on this forum, and figured I should introduce myself as well:)

My name is Anastasia, and I'm currently in the last year of my undergraduate economics degree. In my spare time, I have recently been trying to convert the vague idea in my head into a novel, which has proven pretty difficult since I'm not a very experienced fiction writer (trust me when I say writing economic papers for 4 years doesn't quite translate into entertaining fiction writing).

I'm very excited to get to know everyone and share my writing experience with you guys!

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Helsinki! :welcome: Glad you're here! Just jump in anywhere and join the conversation.

SunshineonMe

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm in a similar situation - been reading all the awesome info on this forum, and figured I should introduce myself as well:)

My name is Anastasia, and I'm currently in the last year of my undergraduate economics degree. In my spare time, I have recently been trying to convert the vague idea in my head into a novel, which has proven pretty difficult since I'm not a very experienced fiction writer (trust me when I say writing economic papers for 4 years doesn't quite translate into entertaining fiction writing).

I'm very excited to get to know everyone and share my writing experience with you guys!

Hi Anastasia! :welcome:

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings from another MG writer. Which genre will you write?

rwm4768

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I also write MG from time to time (mostly upper MG for me).

Akragth

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, this place is as good as any (and better than many) to learn from.

Good luck!

jkosbart

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I've started writing in YA and NA but have thought about looking into MG as well...my husband teaches middle school and I have lots of fun stories from him to pull from. Good luck on your journey!