Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Taylor, if you're still here, here's another (short!) teaser.

“Compressions. Thirty compressions. If it’s an adult-sized person, use two hands. If you feel a rib crack, you’re doing it right.”

Sophie interlocked her fingers and placed the heel of her hand in the center of Lauren’s chest. Hard enough to crack a rib, she told herself, and pushed.

“Count out loud. CPR is hard work. If you count out loud, you’re less likely to lose the number.”

“Why do you have a first aid kid with you at a party?” came Veronika’s voice from behind her. Sophie could smell the marijuana trailing behind. It grossed her out, but she couldn’t lose her focus. She concentrated on the motion of her arms. Fingers off the chest, arms straight, push in five to six centimeters, rate of 100-120 per minute.

“Twenty-three. Twenty-four. Habit. Twenty-six.” She didn’t take her eyes off of Lauren’s face. She’d taken lifeguard training at the Y for years, sure, but this was different. Lauren could die. She was breathing for Lauren and pumping her heart for her and if she stopped, Lauren could die.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah my teacher is a big heaping bag of dicks. His just an asshole plan and simple. Its like he picks a few select student each year, and sets out to destroy there lives if he feels they are not "up to his level, therefore not smart enough for a chem degree" I'm one of those people.

For a long time i thought it was true, that i was simply too fucking stupid to ever comprehend a damn thing in that class. But i realized something today more then ever as i sat down with a tutor about the stuff we were given today in his class. I was completely fucking capable of understanding the information if he fucking taught it. But no he hands out a riddled filled paper and expects us to instantly Know how to do it.

In one hour, the tutor went over ever question on one of his ridicules pogils and I finished in less then a hour, what took myself and my class two weeks to get on our own. (and we still didnt truly understand it!) By the end the girl was like, "why are you coming to me, it seems like you understand it." Simply because she TAUGHT it to me.

God i Fucking hate him for how he makes me feel like a complete idiot not college worthy because he doesn't teach. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently downloading a Def Leppard Best Of... album. :D

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
Hey everyone!

Tally - Congrats on passing the 10K mark! :D

I'm watching TVD. Getting ready to watch All My Children. Now I only have one more episode until I'm officially caught up and...it only took me two weeks to watch all three seasons. *sighs* This is what happens when you don't have a life.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
THAT WAS THE STORY OF MY LIFE.

WELL.

I ONLY HAD TWO SEASONS TO CATCH UP ON.

AND ALL MY CHILDREN MAKES ME CRY.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Like...

Elena: My parents died going over that bridge! I nearly died! You know that... you're the one who saved me.

Tally: MASSIVE WATERFALL GOING DOWN MY FACE DON'T MIND ME.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
Like...

Elena: My parents died going over that bridge! I nearly died! You know that... you're the one who saved me.

Tally: MASSIVE WATERFALL GOING DOWN MY FACE DON'T MIND ME.

I know! I couldn't stop crying either. I hated Stefan in that scene. I really really hated him for what he did to her.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
STOP THE CAR STEFAN

all I can say is WATCH ALL MY CHILDREN NAAAAO

AND THEN WATCH 1912

WHICH IS SO FABULOUS I CAN'T EVEN.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
oh my god, Ely, you are SO FAR BEHIND.

even though it's only one episode. I miss the days when that was my biggest worry...

there is a twist coming up in 1912 and you will sit there and say "...holy motherfucking cow shit. I did not see that coming."

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
oh my god, Ely, you are SO FAR BEHIND.

even though it's only one episode. I miss the days when that was my biggest worry...

there is a twist coming up in 1912 and you will sit there and say "...holy motherfucking cow shit. I did not see that coming."

OMG! What's going to happen?! No...wait. Don't tell me. I'm watching 1912 right now.

*takes a deep breath*

Hey HR! :D

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
There are a number of problems with 1912, but the twist at the end is... it's like you've been drowning and you finally get air, and then you realize the air is poisonous gas and you're suffocating.