Music Question - recommendations

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
I thought we used to have a music board but I couldn't find it tonight. This is an off the wall research question.

I need recommendations for a slow tempo piece of music that could be put in the middle between "Take Good Care of Mama" from Chicago and the theme from "Chicago" for a performance. I need instrumental rather than vocal music. Mama and Chicago both are peppy and have a particular lilt to them and I'm having trouble thinking of something that would go with them - probably a minute to one and half minutes in duration. The closest I've come so far are "It Ain't Necessarily So" from Porgy and Bess and "Blue Skies". Suggestions? (And yes, this is for a piece of figure skating music. Thanks a bunch for ideas. Puma

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Would 'Cellophane' work. It is a slower tempo, and I think I remember an instrumental section of it somewhere in the film.

And the music board is down in pop culture.

MM

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Mary. I'll look into Cellophane.

And I'll also look for Pop culture to see if I can find the music board. Guess I've never been there since more forums were added after Mac took over. Puma

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for moving this, Cath. Hoping I get some more suggestions! Puma

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm... My first thought was classical piano/organ music, but now I'm thinking maybe something dance/techno.

Neither are genres I really know much about, but maybe I just gave someone else an idea?