Agents for Picture Books

brittanimae

making a fresh start.
Registered
Reaction score
happy to help.
Now can anyone tell me which one will publish my work?...LOL

Right on! Seriously though, is there any easier way to find out which agents are trolling for what at any given time? I wish there was some website where an agent could post: "hey, I'm looking for edgy YA" or "I need a sturdy, funny PB" or whatever. It takes hours on each agent to find some interview or whatever that tells what they're in the market for, and by the time you get to it, it's months or years old. UGH.

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
A quick reminder that that post is nearly a year old so please check with the agencies before submitting to be sure they still represent picture books. :)

Good luck!

evelyn88

Pema Browne

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I was wondering if anyone here has had any dealings with Pema Browne Ltd. I checked a couple of places (including their web page) and I couldn't seem to find exactly what genres they specialize in (besides picture books). Also, it seems that as far as queries are concerned they only want full mss via snail mail. Is this true?
Thanks.

LaurieD's answer popped up after I finished writing this. Thanks for the info. I'll cross her off my list.

Last edited:

BetsyJ

Ellen Jackson, author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ellenjackson.net
My agent represents authors who write mostly picture books (and other kinds of authors). She's been in business for years and she's not on your list.

If you only write pbs, you don't need an agent. I sold quite a few books and negotiated the contracts myself when I had no agent. You most certainly can submit directly to a publisher. But agents can help you with a lot of strange situations that come up, so they can be very handy.

If you decide to submit on your own, be sure that you get someone who knows contracts to give you advice before you sign one. The Author's Guild is a good source--or another experienced, published writer can help. There's a book called HOW TO BE YOUR OWN LITERARY AGENT that's helpful, although it's geared toward adult books. About 3/4ths of the advice applies to children's writers too.

Ellen Jackson
www.ellenjackson.net