Ray's House of Love (Volume II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ Mars

Interesting little planet you've got here.
Registered
Reaction score
Trevor, is that 4 stars out of 5, or...? I've heard good things about it and it's definitely on my watch list.

Russ Mars

Interesting little planet you've got here.
Registered
Reaction score
The thing is it only takes one drink for me to get woozy and love the whole world.
That reminds of the joke about the guy that asked a girl, "How many drinks does it take to make you dizzy?"

She replied, "Two. And my name's not Dizzy, it's Daisy."

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome Sass. They were doing a marathon here too but they sold out so fast, and The Dark Knight Rises sold out EVERY time slot this Saturday for the theater I was planning on going to. So, I had to buy a block of tickets at a theater up the road from that one, and they still had some left.

I am so excited! I can't wait. Going to Wizard Con comicbook convention in Rosemont, IL this August too. It will be Batman fever!

I even bought a Batman T-shirt for Saturday...cuz I'm silly.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, my lovelies.

July proceeds apace: Birthday One, check. Birthday Two, check. Now I have, my goodness, nearly seven hours before Houseguest arrives to celebrate Birthday Three. Then Tuesday we have Anniversary, and Friday Houseguest Two Plus One arrives for Birthday Four.

Maryn, somewhat overwhelmed

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, but I'm going to assume she's not from Aurora.

Maryn, fingers crossed

pandora1983

Jill of all trades,well,some trades
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetravelpaige.blogspot.com
Ok, I'd just like to quietly saunter in and subtly point out how good I have been about not commenting on things like heat or humidity....
:D
Hi everyone. Things are pretty good here, though I am VERY ready to be back in the States. 'you know you're old when...' I just really want some familiarity. And some Russ.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Edit: It turned up, but I'd already rewritten it. Weird.]

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
[Shoot, I dropped my mouse and somehow closed the page with my message. Brilliance, lost!]

Pandora, such restraint! Especially when I'm sure you can top the temperatures we're complaining about by quite a few degrees.

So how long is your commitment in Bangkok, anyway? If I ever knew, I've forgotten. When you return, where do you plan to alight? Does that just happen to be near Russ? Or, by some major coincidence, will he be moving to the same area? How did you pick the perfect spot, anyway? And what size hat do you wear?

Maryn, throwing in a tough question

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Batman marathon on Thursday night was fun and it was worth going to the midnight show of the new one. We were up until 4 am and I was tired yesterday.

pandora1983

Jill of all trades,well,some trades
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetravelpaige.blogspot.com
So how long is your commitment in Bangkok, anyway? If I ever knew, I've forgotten. When you return, where do you plan to alight? Does that just happen to be near Russ? Or, by some major coincidence, will he be moving to the same area? How did you pick the perfect spot, anyway? And what size hat do you wear?

Maryn, throwing in a tough question

I'll be done in April but I have a brief reprieve in September. When I return, I'll be wherever Russ is. Right now, that looks like the central coast of California. Process of elimination. And I look horrible in hats, so knowing what size is irrelevant. Any more questions? lol

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for tolerating my nosiness.

We're having such a lovely weekend. Today would have been Mr. Maryn's father's 100th birthday. The brother is here, and we're going through boxes and boxes of old photos, telegrams, scrapbooks, passports, diplomas, valentines, letters from WWII, etc. It's fascinating, if moldly. (There was a fire where much of this was stored, and what didn't burn got wet.)

Anyway, it's pretty cool to see Mr. Maryn and Brother so interested, sharing childhood memories, and occasionally moved, like when they found the telegram about their uncle dying. The phone was just too expensive, or maybe there wasn't a phone at one end? We don't know.

Maryn, who's going to sort and store this stuff much better

Trevor Bruhn

Registered
Reaction score
I'm off to Vancouver today to see MacBeth at their Bard on the Beach festival. Forecast is for 70 (or whatever in Celsius) and mostly sunny.
Aurora (shudder)

Trevor, feeling Shakespearean already

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That is neat. I wonder if you could scan some of the stuff so you could at least have a computer image of it.

Letterwriting is a lost art. what will historians do in the future writing about our time. Say that so and so liked this on Facebook?

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Hope everyone enjoyed Dark Knight Rises (the usual joke about "surviving" the weekend wouldn't work, sadly). I'm holding off until the crowds settle down a bit. I'm sating myself with classics every night instead: Children Of Paradise Thursday (on the big screen! now that's romance), Seven Samurai last night (just the DVD). This weekend I'm going for 2001: A Space Odyssey, American Beauty and maybe an Ingmar Bergman disc. I dunno, I never watch movies anymore and suddenly I'm gung ho to watch everything in my pile...weird.

Trevor Bruhn

Registered
Reaction score
MacBeth was staged brilliantly in Vancouver, with kilts and blood and witches all over a soundtrack that was more raven caws and thunder than music. Modern Black Knight can wait, for me. Of all the great cities that shine up the most percentage points when the sun comes out, I would put Vancouver in top 3 with Venice and San Francisco.
Never seen Bangkok, Pandora, but did I ask here if people had read Bacigalupi's Windup Girl? (set there)

Trevor, outing spots

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My whole living room smells like mold from all these old papers and photographs. BIL is leaving in an hour or so, but nobody's mentioned anyone dealing with stowing all this stuff we hauled out. I fear it will be my job. Ugh. And of course, we have more people coming next weekend, so I don't have a lot of time.

Maryn, who woke somewhat cranky, can you tell?

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone heard from BeatrixKiddo?

Sorry K, didn't mean to worry you after I mentioned Batman. I live in the Chicagoland area of Illinois.

I saw it with friends on Saturday (it was awesome).

However, I bought tickets early and I was told by the theater when I originally got them printed out, that they were nearly sold out. That was before the shooting.

When we got to the movie Saturday, there were way too many empty seats. So, I'm wondering if folks decided to cancel on the movie at the last minute.

I also went to see another movie yesterday at another theater, and they did have a cop keeping an eye on the entrance for the IMAX theater in the building for Batman. That was a little weird.

But as far as I know, there were no issues with Batman in any theaters in Illinois.

Thanks for thinking of me though, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.