Hallo!

Easyrider77

Cocked. Locked. Readytorock.
Registered
Reaction score
How you do?
My name Eric, I've ritten for nearly two gloriously Fantabulous years. My fantasys are the best my Mom has ever read. She says so. My grandma too.
I have a new book (my nineteenth) coming out in June from PublishAmerica.

<snicker>
Sorry, couldn't resist. In all seriousness, it's an honor to be a part of this forum. I have been utterly astounded by the quality of advice and the degree of helpfulness I've seen from the members of this community.

So.

I'm Eric, and I'm a writeoholic.

Whew. They say that first step's the hardest, so I'm glad we got that out of the way.
My second novel is currently underway, with my first about to restart the querying process. Which, by the way, I had been going about COMPLETELY the wrong way, until I found AbsoluteWrite. It's amazing how little information is actually out there about the proper way to do things in this business. Before I found this place, the best advice I could come across was "Submit queries. And get a Writer's Market." My thanks again to all of the wonderful writers on this forum for their dedication and willingness to help us sad, sorrowful noobies.

I've spent the last eleven years as a graphic designer (with a touch of editorial responsibility) for several magazines in North Mississippi, as well as keeping design duties for the University of MS (Go Rebs!). Always been a pretty voracious reader, but I really never got the writing bug until a friend asked me to look over and edit a fantasy novel he'd been working on for years. It wasn't a pretty sight, but he had some neat ideas buried in there, so I rewrote the first couple of chapters. He liked what he saw, I guess, because we wound up scrapping a large portion and rewriting the book together. With any luck we can get the first book out there to the masses, because it would be a shame not to finish the whole story :p

Since then, I've had the bug BAD. My co-author is working on his initial chapters for book two of the Kings of Arrongeth series, and I'm about 20k into a post-apocalyptic project of my own.

A preemptive thanks and hello to anyone who happens to post in this thread. I hope you'll all excuse me, gotta go serve up the warm fuzzy dish that is my query letter to all those hungry sharks in SYW.

Salud!
Eric

Fade

The Captain of My Soul
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW!

(You've got guts posting in SYW this early; it took me thirty posts to even post my query, but that's cuz I'm a weeny)

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to AW, Eric! :)

Easyrider77

Cocked. Locked. Readytorock.
Registered
Reaction score
Thankee kindly for the welcomes!

Oh yeah, I like my popcorn like my womens.

Extra salty and bad for my heart.

GordonK

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Eric.

I, um, you know, admit that, you know, that you have a, you know, nasty way of getting me to, well, um, you know, check your profile.

Good luck with your queries.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Greenify13

Fair Maiden of War.
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: easyrider77!

I hope you enjoy your time here. And to help you enjoy it even more, I would suggest visiting us at Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie 'Traditional Irish Pub' thread . We have cookies, breakfast, drinks, karaoke, and good natured fun!
I hope you find all you seek and gain from it, and good luck with all your writings...

~Christine

Manix

Mutatis mutandis
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. I can't really top all them other fantastic greetings so, um...

Welcome