Why did my email notifications stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randywrite

MySky
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I didn't know where to ask this question so I put it here. I made a thread a few days ago, and normally I get automatic email notifications when someone posts on my threads....but for some reason this has stopped.

In my User CP it is still marked yes in the check box...but I'm not getting any love. Any ideas?

Thanks, Randy :)

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Randy

First, I suggest checking your Spam/Junk email folders, because I'm not seeing mail from AW to you bounce, which suggests that the email is arriving at your ISP.

You might consider a free Google Gmail account.

Secondly, in January we moved to a temporary server, and asked members who had thread subscriptions set to instant to consider setting them to Daily.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll port this over to FAQ's. Other members might have the same question.

Hold on.

randywrite

MySky
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Randy

First, I suggest checking your Spam/Junk email folders, because I'm not seeing mail from AW to you bounce, which suggests that the email is arriving at your ISP.

Secondly, in January we moved to a temporary server, and asked members who had thread subscriptions set to instant to consider setting them to Daily.

Not in spam box. They just suddenly stopped. I'm sorry I would have been happy to switch mine to daily, I must have missed the notice. Should I still switch to daily? I don't know what to do about the mail bouncing...as far as I can tell it is not hmmmmmmm.......

Thanks for your reply and help, RandyWrite

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
unsubscribe and then resubscribe with daily notice instead of instant notice...

That might clear the cobwebs...

randywrite

MySky
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Randy

Thanks for the tips AW Admin however I have no AW Spam/Junk mail in that box. I don't know why post/thread notifications would arrive at my ISP and not end up in my inbox like they did for the past few years, without fail. I guess I could call them and ask them if they've been getting mail from the AW ISP and see what they say.

My user control panel is not even holding any changes that I make, like I've checked all of my subscriptions both ways: daily and instant and neither is sticking. Whenever I got back to my control panel all the boxes I have checked have been mysteriously unchecked. Go figure.

Is there now still the option of getting instant email notifications or only daily ones? Too, I have free web based email accounts, but how is that going to help this specific problem? I apologize, I'm just frustrated because I love AW and I love the people here, and it's like I've fallen off the face of the earth to them.....What do you suggest considering the new information I gave you?

Thanks for your help, RandyWrite

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Go try it again, if you would, Randy? And don't despair - we'll get it worked out.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Have you subscribed to this thread, for instance? And if so, any notifications in your email? (I've toggled you a couple of times, to try and re-confirm your settings in the system.)

randywrite

MySky
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Go try it again, if you would, Randy? And don't despair - we'll get it worked out.

Thanks Mac for your help : ) I'm going now to try it again...and I won't despair...ahhhh. jk

Have you subscribed to this thread, for instance? And if so, any notifications in your email? (I've toggled you a couple of times, to try and re-confirm your settings in the system.)

I never used to subscribe to any threads. Whenever I started a thread, or posted on someone else's thread, the server would just send me a link to the replies, and I'd go read them. So, in the past, I would automatically be subscribed to this thread and get instant email notifications. However I did not get notices for the 2 posts you just made here. :)

randywrite

MySky
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No dice Mac....hmmmmm. I checked the very top box that subscribes to all the thread...I only have 3 pages worth....but then when I clicked on page 2 of subscribed threads, and went back to page 1, it was unsubscribed again.

I play the rhyme game a lot, and I just know they're over there going where the heck is Randy----->especially Susie and Night Flyer :D it's pretty fast posting of rhymes, and that's why I set my subscriptions to instant email notifications, so I could keep up with everyone. lol

If you can fix it Mac that's great, if not we won't sweat it.

Again thanks for you time.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Erm, I googled because I'm having a problem and this was the first page.

There is a thread I'm subscribed to that updates a lot, and I'm missing email notifications - it's insant notifications and they're coming later than they should do.

Help?

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you're not getting the notifications, but the instant notifications do put an undue burden on the server, which might be contributing to the problem. If you could switch to the daily or weekly option (or the no e-mail notification option) and access the latest posts through your User CP subscribed threads list, that would be helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.