The Girlie Thread

Captshady

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
One of you ladies needs to strip storygirl down, and rub her with alcohol, or baby oil or something. Whomever does it, should strip down too, don't want any of that on your clothes :hat:

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
One of you ladies needs to strip storygirl down, and rub her with alcohol, or baby oil or something. Whomever does it, should strip down too, don't want any of that on your clothes :hat:
Awww, Cap. Always thinking of others. So selfless, aren't you?

:rolleyes:

Melenka

Better is the enemy of done
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rebeccakovar.com
You're not on ignore! I didn't comment because I wasn't sure what "encampment" means... I do understand nervousness going into a new situation, though. If you have information beforehand, even information that doesn't seem to alleviate worry, you will be better prepared in the moment than you will expect. That's my experience, anyway, and I've gone into a lot of strange situations - usually with little or no information beforehand. I far prefer knowing what to expect, even if it's going to be rigorous.

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry...I keep forgetting that most people don't actually know what encampment is.
I'm in Civil Air Patrol. It's an auxiliary of the Air Force. And each year we have an encampment to further our training.
This is my first time going...and I am beyond terrified.

Melenka

Registered
Reaction score
Website
rebeccakovar.com
Oh! You're going to have a great time. They yell a lot less in the AF than other branches. And their uniforms don't suck. Even the flight suits look good. (Okay, so maybe it was just that I liked how they looked on my husband - but they are a great color.)

It's going to be like a hard-assed sleep away camp. A bit difficult in terms of work, but you'll likely meet people you will keep in touch with for a long time. And you'll have new stories to tell. That's always a good thing.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
When something I know absolutely nothing about is brought up in conversation, I tend to run and hide. I wasn't ignoring. I just had absolutely nothing to come back with. hehe.

On another note.............................................good morning girls.

Eskimo1990

Registered
Reaction score
Yes I know. First time my best friend went...she came back and I could NOT get her to shut up lol. She tried to teach me how to march and all the facing movements. She taught my a bunch of jodies and how to use my diaphragm. hehe

Melenka

Registered
Reaction score
Website
rebeccakovar.com
One of the most important things my husband's service taught me was to avoid locking your knees when standing for long periods of time. You'll faint and everyone will laugh at you.

Eskimo1990

Registered
Reaction score
Well I already knew that. I've been in CAP since Oct. It was one of the first things Holly told us.

But I'm off to make a list of things I still need to do and still need to get before I leave.

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
Don't you mean that ants belong in the bugging you thread???

Richard

Melenka

Registered
Reaction score
Website
rebeccakovar.com
Well, poop. My husband finally invited a friend over for dinner and he had to cancel. Lame excuse? Lightening hit an airplane and now there are delays so he has to stay and reschedule all the passengers. He's coming for dinner tomorrow, but now I have no excuse to not work on my novel tonight!

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
Morning All!!! Hope everyone that visits this thread today is well, happy and full of adventure and curiosty for what may come next...and I hope it is all good!!! :)