Any chance of a Novella Forum on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler Danann

Registered
Reaction score
Just noticed there's no sub-division for Novella (or Novelette for that matter).
Is there any chance of one being zapped into existence on here??? :)

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Probably not. The genre forums aren't exclusively novel / short story biased, and having somewhere exclusively set aside would merely confuse people already overwhelmed by the size of AW.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
A novella can be of any genre.

Just note in your titles that its a novella. Lots of our members are working on novellas as they are working well for e-pubs at this this time.

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
People discuss all lengths of short fiction in the short fiction forum, but there's not really enough about novellas or novelettes to justify splitting them out into their own forums. They'd be really quiet forums.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Just noticed there's no sub-division for Novella (or Novelette for that matter).
Is there any chance of one being zapped into existence on here??? :)

Short Fiction is pretty much everything-shorter-than-a-novel-that-isn't-flash, and W1S1 peeps write all lengths.

As Polenth puts it:

People discuss all lengths of short fiction in the short fiction forum, but there's not really enough about novellas or novelettes to justify splitting them out into their own forums. They'd be really quiet forums.

..that aside, I'd be willing to make a Wordy Writers Support Group sticky thread in W1S1 (because that's where I'm a mod) for those of us who can't write a grocery list under 9k. Would that help?

aikigypsy

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to see a novella section, too. I tend to think of novellas as short novels, more than long short stories, because these days they're more likely to be stand-alone publications.

Maybe there could be a novella sticky somewhere, either in Novels or Short Fiction, with a re-direct from the other forum. Also a separate thread/section on about novellas somewhere in the publishing section, because they do have their own issues when it comes time to get them out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.