Hi there...

CDancourt

Registered
Reaction score
Thinking about it, presenting oneself is probably as difficult as writing an alluring summary for a novel... I'm pretty sure I can't present myself without boring you to death.

Suffice to say I love too many things to count, but words are probably coming first, even besting chocolate. There's probably not a plane surface at home that do not bear a book or notes for one.

I'm the worst kind of writer. I have tons of ideas, trying to make something out of most of them, and unfortunately writing without a proper synopsis. I tried that, from time to time, each time without despicable results. So I go on with writing 'au fil de la plume' which makes my work horribly complicated, apparently confused and so entertaining. Who knew that the muses could attack when you are cross-training at the gym, or grocery shoppping?

I write mostly adventure/fantasy/romance short stories.

Nice to meet you all!

PS: English is not my first language, but for some reason, at the moment I can't use French to write, so I apologize in advance for the misuse...

Last edited:

BySharonNelson

(Insert something whitty here)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bysharonnelson.blogspot.com
Hello and welcome!! I am the same way with writing, I have notes everywhere and have started a billion stories but a lot, or most, of them don't get finished because I get part way through and cant come up with the second half!! Welcome, again, to AW. :)

david_v

Registered
Reaction score
Bien venue

David
I have no idea what I just said but my wife and daughter say that was a good way to welcome someone who spoke French.

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kreuse,
Welcome here! If only we could all get slapped up side the head by our muses as often as you do. Here's hoping you can talk them into helping with the organization aspect as well
icon12.gif
Best of luck.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

fez

Registered
Reaction score
um, waddup?

I'm not offering hollow hellos just to raise my post count, I swear.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome!

I'm the worst kind of writer. I have tons of ideas, trying to make something out of most of them, and unfortunately writing without a proper synopsis.

Worst kind? I take exception to that! The worst kind of writer is the one who never actually writes (-:

Seriously, I'm incapable of working off a synopsis. I've written entire short stories where, when I started them, all I had was the opening sentence or two. Once, all I had was a title. And I've sold those stories.

Find your own process that works for *you*, and don't worry too much about what anyone else says is the "right way" to create your stories. There's enough guidelines and rules to satisfy your need for order once you get around to submitting stuff that you don't need to shoehorn them into your writing process if it doesn't feel right to you.

My $.02, anyway. I could always be wrong.

-Suzanne

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Newbie Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.