Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
superbestfriends.gif

Rarri

Registered
Reaction score
Er, i'm as non-religious as my parents? My brother and i were raised Humanist and we still are, having left home :)

For what it's worth, our parents were raised religious but didn't follow religion after leaving home (and became Humanists).

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
Less religious than my mother (JDub) and equally as irreligious as my father (proudly atheist.) I guess, when I add them up, that makes me less religious? That's what I'm going to vote, anyway.

AngelRoseDarke

Kind-hearted stranger
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.angelrosedarke.110mb.com
I went with less since they are Christian and I am Pagan. I guess that falls under less. My Mother is Catholic and my step-father was Baptist. I switched when I was 13. My brother changed over too. He is now Nordic.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
So that's Buddha, Jesus, and Mohammad... Who's the fourth guy in that pic? Robeiae?

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
I had a hard time answering this. I answered more religious, but really I am more spiritual as willfulone says. I converted to Buddhism over ten years ago and I take it seriously, but I don't attend religious services because with buddhism it's more personal. :Shrug:

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think Colorado Guy has a point. There should be a definition of "religious."

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I suppose first we need to decide what religious means.

My bold.

I am more sprituial then my folks, as the term religious does not hold the meaning that many think.

WH...what are you?

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Some of us only have one parent left.

My mom used to be religious when she was younger. And I'd say she was more religious than I ever was. But my dad wasn't big on religion when he was alive. I think he had his own personal code of right and wrong.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
I suppose first we need to decide what religious means.

I think Colorado Guy has a point. There should be a definition of "religious."

let's say, for the sake of argument, someone who believes in some higher power and conducts his or her life in some level of accordance with tenets proposed to be derived from that power.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A higher power. . . .

I really can't quantify how strongly my mother feels, nor my father toward the end of his life. Nor do I have an idea of where I sit in terms of the scale, religious to nonreligious, but to my mind, I am deeply religious. It's just that it doesn't fit within conventional judgment, and after all, judgment is what this is all about, right?

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
you know what? just skip the damn thread.

i think there's a fairly common consensus as to what religious means.

if you're too special to be painted into such an ill-defined corner, just say so and move on.

Atlantis

Registered
Reaction score
I'm very, very, non religious. My parents and younger sister are becoming increasingly more religious though and it can be a little annoying. They're always trying to coax me into going to church with them (You can pick up guys there, honey!) I find old style churches beautiful and have wandered into a few to have a look around but as for the big super churches with the rock music I can't think of another place in the world I would feel more uncomfortable in. My parents never seem to understand that though. They think I'm weird.

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
I believe my parents were religious out of habit. That's what people did when I grew up......you went to church out of habit. I'm more spiritual and my religious beliefs are based on many different beliefs, than what they believed in. I'd probably feel more at home worshiping with the Native Americans and Pagans, than I would inside of a conventional church. My parents are dead, but I'm sure they'd think I'd lost my mind. ;)