Mac Air Buying Cycle

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
No one's going to know for sure until they make an announcement and the soonest for that will be at WWDC in June.

FWIW, I have a 1st model 11inch and still love it as much as the day I got it. Unless the new model will do my dishes for me or something, it's still a fine machine and there's no reason to upgrade, despite being a cycle or two behind.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm ready to buy anytime. This site says to buy only if needed, it's approaching the end of the cycle.

Anyone know?

The whole Mac line-up is still on the Sandy Bridge architecture. Intel just released the new Ivy Bridge processors a couple weeks ago. Wait until they're updated. It should be sometime this summer.

The speculation is that they'll be refreshed near the end of summer. If you can wait that long, wait. If you need it now, buy it now.

I'm waiting for the same refresh.

Sheila Muirenn

Rebuilding My Brain
Registered
Reaction score
The speculation is that they'll be refreshed near the end of summer. If you can wait that long, wait. If you need it now, buy it now.

I'm waiting for the same refresh.

Hmmm. I do need a new computer. I could wait longer, but it's so hard!

Any idea what the difference will be? Aside from a price-drop in the current models?

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Any idea what the difference will be?

As I said, whenever they do get updated, they'll have the new Ivy Bridge processors. Faster, more power efficient, etc. I don't know if any benchmarks are out yet.

I highly doubt we'll see a redesign of the Airs. Probably the Pros, but not the Airs.

And personally, I'm hoping for a 8 GB RAM option, or I won't be buying.