Purgatory's Pit of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessofPersia

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm getting rejected all over the place today. Form R in the email, and then the equivalent of rejection from every friend and family member I know asking for even a single dollar towards my film. Awesome.

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Another form R. Cue blinding rage.
Awe, PoP. I was wondering how long it would take you to go from "query R today. Hazzah" to "form R :evil:rant::Soapbox::mad::Headbang::e2teeth::mob"
The transformation is complete
Emperor.gif

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
I am grateful for QT for A) helping me find agents to query B) killing hope about those queries. You can see exactly when there is no chance left, no matter what the agent's stated response policy.

I think QT is more telling than the agent's sites, themselves. Actions speak louder and all that.

PrincessofPersia

Registered
Reaction score
Awe, PoP. I was wondering how long it would take you to go from "query R today. Hazzah" to "form R :evil:rant::Soapbox::mad::Headbang::e2teeth::mob"
The transformation is complete

Meh. The blinding rage is more because of the cheapness of everyone I know, including my family. Moral support is free, but a dollar is just too much to part with.

ETA: I love that you put the furious mob of angry smilies inside the quotes.

Last edited:

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I think QT is more telling than the agent's sites, themselves. Actions speak louder and all that.

Absolutely. All of those wonderful things about QT. I meant it is the root of all evil because it is completely distracting! Worse than refreshing the inbox.

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely. All of those wonderful things about QT. I meant it is the root of all evil because it is completely distracting! Worse than refreshing the inbox.
:ROFL: Too true!

Feeling too anxious to write today. We almost had our hands on a place but the land lady is a flake and a f*cking liar (said she liked us and wanted to rent to us last Thursday only to POST the apartment on CL and than send me an email lying about renting to someone who lived in the house below.). There hasn't been a single add that we can even consider in a week!

PrincessofPersia

Registered
Reaction score
Just in case my day wasn't going shitty enough, I got a jury duty summons and another R--from an agent who already sent me an R. Awesome.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Crap. So three QRs and an R on a partial with nothing to say at all. I had been banking on feedback.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Another one! Four QRs and a partial. Wow. I appreciate being able to close them out at least. I can say that.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Yes, it is pity...full all over the landscape. At least for me in the fiction end of it. I don't even have a ranking on my hardback on Amazon and it's been there for two months. How pity...full is that? She's a stunning full color original artwork cover with 26 interior illustrations, but it's got a whopping price. Even my frickin e-book version is priced out of the stratosphere.

The edits on my werewolf book are SUBSTANTIAL, with extra chapters and a horrible POV shift addition. WTF, says I.

My two best books (thriller and YA) are out there at the same time at the behest of my agent, and picking up NO notice from any publishers. I just can't believe it. My female Iron Man pulled four agent contracts...and nothing, nada, zip, zero from the editors that be.

My non-fiction article writing is the only thing keeping me punching, dodging and weaving right now. But even that went sour for a couple weeks and I lost hundreds. Thankfully back in the saddle again and hitting my quota.

After 27 years of fiction writing, three agents, and 18 books, I am about to pack it in--turn mother's picture to the wall and get out. Get out like bookstores are getting out and dropping like flies. Getting out like paperback books, which are getting obliterated by e-books, with no end in sight.

Hmmm....I think that's pit worthy, wot?

Hiya, Robert. Glad to see you here.

tri

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, it is pity...full all over the landscape. At least for me in the fiction end of it. I don't even have a ranking on my hardback on Amazon and it's been there for two months. How pity...full is that? She's a stunning full color original artwork cover with 26 interior illustrations, but it's got a whopping price. Even my frickin e-book version is priced out of the stratosphere.

The edits on my werewolf book are SUBSTANTIAL, with extra chapters and a horrible POV shift addition. WTF, says I.

My two best books (thriller and YA) are out there at the same time at the behest of my agent, and picking up NO notice from any publishers. I just can't believe it. My female Iron Man pulled four agent contracts...and nothing, nada, zip, zero from the editors that be.

My non-fiction article writing is the only thing keeping me punching, dodging and weaving right now. But even that went sour for a couple weeks and I lost hundreds. Thankfully back in the saddle again and hitting my quota.

After 27 years of fiction writing, three agents, and 18 books, I am about to pack it in--turn mother's picture to the wall and get out. Get out like bookstores are getting out and dropping like flies. Getting out like paperback books, which are getting obliterated by e-books, with no end in sight.

Hmmm....I think that's pit worthy, wot?

Hiya, Robert. Glad to see you here.

tri
Awe (((Tri))) Have you considered publishing on the Kindle? From what I've seen if you have more than 5 books pubbed there, and work like made to get them attention, you can start bringing some kind of revenue.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
(((Pit)))

Sheesh, this is a banner day. Mondays and Fridays always seem to be cleaning days for agents.

I have nothing to report because I officially have ZERO pages out there.

I do, however, have flu-like symptoms, and feel like utter poo.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
{{KellionPoPLeigh}} ouch what a slaughterfest (even if it's not all writerly related crap - Leigh that land lord sounds like a douche)

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
(((Princess)))

(((Leigh)))

(((Kellion)))

(((Tri)))

Did I miss anyone? :e2grouphu

Yesterday was brutal. Count me in the 3 query R club too.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
{{{Cricket}}}}

{{{{{Tri}}}} <- your post completely broke my heart. Seriously considering writing for pleasure only from now on and not bothering querying. What's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.