• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

Trend I've noticed: More than one project at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
I'ma multiple-project sort of person, but like the others have said, there's no real "how" to it. I write different stories differently.

Like, right now I have one story that's fun to write, but which I can also sit down and force out my daily minimum on without feeling like I want to tear my hair out.

And I have another one where when I get in the mood to write on it, I can fly through thousands of words (2k a day is quite a lot for me and sometimes on this one I can pull twice that easy) but which grinds to an absolute halt when I'm not - it's like pulling teeth.

So depending on the day and on my mood (one's very dark and dirty fantasy, the other's a more adventure-styled science-fantasy) I write where my brain wants to write. And if it doesn't want to write either, I just do the daily min of dark fantasy and call it good. :)

Beth Raymond

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bethraymond.com
I would love to work on more than one project at a time, but my current WIP has self-imposed deadlines every few weeks, and I have limited time to write due to the day job.

Recently, though, I have started experimenting with flash fiction as a way to (1) play with new styles and genres; (2) try out new ideas, which may or may not turn into larger projects; and (3) allow for some low-investment writing when I'm hitting a roadblock in my WIP. This has been working out pretty well so far, with minimal disruption to my WIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.