• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need Beta for M/M Romance, 2nd Draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peanut1645

Don't be gentle.
Registered
Reaction score
M/M Romance, HEA. 33k, 2nd Draft, complete, NC-17.

Genre: M/M Romance

Feedback: No need to be gentle. Brutal honesty is best. Skip the grammar for now, I'm looking for a 'broad strokes' read through to evaluate plot, the 'flow' of the manuscript, is my dialogue realistic and are my characters 3D. Also, do I need to fluff/elaborate certain chapters? Does it feel rushed?
*Note: If you reach a certain point and just can't go on, STOP. Make a note where the story failed for you and why. It's more helpful, IMO, to know the location my story failed/lost my reader...nothing else matters after that if my audience has walked away.

Publishing: My goal is to submit this to agents.

Credentials: I have no requirements here as I'm looking for a read through and opinions. All opinions will be helpful. Thanks!

Synopsis: Dr. Hart has moved to Atlanta where he meets co-worker Jacob and is forced to re-evaluate life, love, and what he really wants from both. Hart and Jacob are forced to come to terms with their past as they struggle to determine what possible future they might build together.

Kimber

Kimber Vale
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kimbervale.com
Would you be willing to swap reads for a 40K M/M erotic romance? It should be ready for a first beta reader in a week or two. I am looking for similar feedback, as well as any typos/grammar issues that jump out at you.

PM me if interested. :)

--Kimber

P.S.- I am an RN, too (although SAHM for 7 yrs now)!

Status
Not open for further replies.