Jactancy January 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, lots of people getting lots of words! And, equally importantly, chocolate!

I did a little over 500 today on my synopsis. And sent out a few query letters. I think I can I think I can I think I can...

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:eek: Haven't actually looked at it today. I thought I'd let it sit a day, do some more chapters of the rewrite, then go back over it and the sample chapter at the weekend. All going well, I'll send it in this weekend.

Got 1,283 words so far today though.

Sounds like a plan.:D Good luck with the sub.

Nice wordage all!

It's been a long week at work and today was especially tiresome. Time was dragging and so was I. Only managed a whopping 413 words the entire day. :( It does put the WIP WC at 42884 though. :D Just over 7100 more to hit 50K, and then it's downhill.

Only managed 413! My dear man, that's more than I managed in a week.;) Now, 7100 more to go.:poke:

Just over 500 words for one WIP, about 200 for another. I'm wondering if there will come a point where I choose one over the other.

Oooh, bite your tongue, tarak, you're going to write both of them equally. The words are going to flow and they will both be masterpieces. Think positive!:D

I think it was around 800 words tonight. Not sure how good they are. I might cut this chapter in the end!

At least you've written something. Go you!:Clap:

I haven't written anything the past 3 days. Think I needed the break though. Going to get back into it today.

I just skimmed over the last bunch of posts. It sounds like everyone's progressing. Well done guys!

Sometimes we all need a break, franky. Good luck with the words today.:Hug2:

2,700 the past two days. Not bad, not bad.

Whoo-hoo! Fantastic wordage, Logan. :e2cheer:

Nuthin' tonight. No writing, no exercise, no nothing. I did, however, eat a chocolate oyster shell, and it was DELICIOUS.

Are they the ones with marshmallow inside?:drool

I so think eating chocolate oyster shells should count towards wordage...:D

Wow, lots of people getting lots of words! And, equally importantly, chocolate!

I did a little over 500 today on my synopsis. And sent out a few query letters. I think I can I think I can I think I can...

(The little engine that could. I loved reading that book to my boys when they were little.)

Eeek! Synopsis!:scared:

500 words is great. You go, girl! And fingers crossed on the query letters:e2cheer:

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
'Getting back into it' consisted of 31 words. Better than nothing.

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing for me today. Opened up a fresh word document and it just seemed intimadating. Ach well...

Well done to everyone else. Any words are good progress!

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
They are, franky - keep going!

I had a good night. 1,300 words and I think they're pretty good too. Here's hoping the good vibes spread to everyone else!

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score

Seconding the whoa. I can't believe how realistic they look.

So far today I've written 350 so yeah, big improvement. And there's many hours left in the day. I've hit a bit of a stumbling block though so I'm going to go for a walk and think about it. That ususally helps.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Sorry to hear about the new migraine Saoirse. I hope it passes quickly. Excellent words, though!

1032 tonight. I don't know why it's so hard for me to just sit down and finish this thing - it's sooo close. Maybe it's just knowing how much rewriting is going to be required, and I'm trying to put it off. :D

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
1,000-ish words today. Definitely that many brand new ones, no idea about the paragraph I edited. I also had fun with forensic ballistics research (fun fact: you can take a guess at the calibre of a shattered bullet by weighing the fragments).

Great going, everyone! This must be a bumper month for wordcount, I reckon looking at those totals. :)

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
7,625 for today. Introduced my Chief Engineer, who turned into an evil version of Kayleigh from Firefly for some reason, even though she was meant to be older and Irish. Oh well. I think it works.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Excellent words, everyone! Zelenka, that is amazing.

1067 tonight. Another tooth pulled. This bit is exposition-y stuff, and I'm trying to keep it from being TOO exposition-y. Bleah. Well, another 1 or 2 nights should get me past this bit.

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Had to rewrite everything I wrote yesterday because it was very dull and didn't make much sense. Some of it was saved, a lot was deleted.
Despite that, I managed to add another 504 words to the manuscript.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mostly re-writing and editing over the weekend, so not a lot of words to report. Maybe some clarity on the WIP, although that's bound to change again.:D

7,625 for today. Introduced my Chief Engineer, who turned into an evil version of Kayleigh from Firefly for some reason, even though she was meant to be older and Irish. Oh well. I think it works.

That is some word count, Zelenka!:Clap:

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
frankly, Liz, one second, IAM, good words. Any words are good in my book. I have nothing for the past couple of days. I'm on an old movie/Downton Abbey binge. Cheese dip too. Heyjude and Zelenka, I am rooting for both of your subs! And Zelenka, your word count is so amazing. Keep it flying.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Better late than never... Still trying to get back into the 500 words/day habit. I wrote about three pages in the notebook over the last couple of days and came up with a couple of new characters. Not many words, but the ideas are starting to show up again.

And I'm hoping I'll be able to announce my good news soon.
Just keep writing, just keep writing... :Sun:

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
AWesome wordage, all!

Get to it, TheIT. :whip:

No words this weekend, by design. Had to take a short hiatus from the WIP and let things sink in. Got back to it today, though it wasn't easy as it was a typical MONDAY at the "day job". Hectic all morning. Did manage to get 541 new words on the WIP, including wrapping up a tough scene with Kelli and Kevin being attacked by the bad guys. Kevin got hit, but no worries, he'll survive. :hooray: