Status
Not open for further replies.

elindsen

Zombie lovin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.augustkert.blogspot.com
ill just say my novel is in at 65k. with as much that happens in could easily be 100k or higher. i think padding a novel or winding it is exhausting to a reader. write what it takes, and it the query is really good to show a low or high word count doesnt matter, an agent will pick it up.

FennelGiraffe

It's green they say
Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome! I wish I had know that. Now my conundrum... I can't find it. I tried following your directions but I have the observation powers of blindfolded zombie.

Maybe you're making the same mistake I did. DO NOT click on Look Inside. Just scroll down past Special Offers, past Frequently Bought Together, past Editorial Reviews, past Product Details, past More About the Author, to Inside This Book. Then look for Text Stats under New!.

Randman

Movie Nut
Registered
Reaction score
The British market has books that are a bit longer than the North American market, by about 10 or 15%.

Couldn't this be attributed to the costs of entertainment? It would seem to me that the risings cost to attend of movies, concerts and even basic television (Good Ole BBC) in the British market opens a door to where books are cheaper and just as fulfilling. :Shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.