Status
Not open for further replies.

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
1) what do you prefer to be called?
2) What do you write?

1) CIW is the standard acronym. You can also call me genius or God if you're feeling munificent. (I just had a nerdgasm--I've been looking for an excuse to use the word "munificent" for ages)

2) At the moment, my completed manuscript can be roughly categorised as "YA Mystery." It's kinda edgy for YA, containing substance abuse, parental neglect, and of course a murdered family member--but it also features the daughter of a private eye, so there's some proper mystery investigation stuff going on. Not to mention liberal high school dynamics and your more typical coming of age stuff.

Projects in the foreseeable future are a continuation of said characters, so I guess I write mysteries.

As for you, that's quite a lengthy signature! Have you published all of that by age 21?!

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to meet you CIW. I'm Ally.

Yeah sorry not published yet. I'm just very proud of my 11 books and fairly good at Adobe Illustrator when making book covers.

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to meet you CIW. I'm Ally.

Yeah sorry not published yet. I'm just very proud of my 11 books and fairly good at Adobe Illustrator when making book covers.

Hi Ally. I really like the covers, they're quite impressive. I'm especially fond of the first two in your Freaks series. :)

I hope for the best with the future of your works!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
thanks! 9 almost 10 years of very hard work!

I'm hoping to finally start querying agents by the summer at some point! Only took me almost a decade!

Robert L.B.

Tao of Wonka
Registered
Reaction score
Alright. Anyone who's interested post your snippet in half an hour in the usual place. The SYW -> YA forum for newcomers.

Robert L.B.

Tao of Wonka
Registered
Reaction score
Not for me, I just wanted to take a quick fun break from drafting. Back I go!

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Woah, I feel like in the past few years there are so many more people writing Alice in Wonderland-inspired stories. -stares at MAAH nervously-

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Well, if you wanted to go by something one of my professors said my freshman year of college, like 50% of fiction has a connection to Alice. They're all different, though, and I know that MAAH isn't like anything else I've ever read or heard of.

:e2yawn:

...Going to bed at three in the morning and getting up around 7:30 probably isn't the best idea, but I honestly can't make myself try to sleep anymore. *sigh*

Last edited:

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of fiction draws parallels, this is true. But Missus is, like, the second friend this month to be writing something Alice-y.

Though I don't think any are quite as utterly... twisted as MAAH. Whenever I reread it, I can't believe I wasn't high when I wrote it. It's really trippy. :tongue

ETA: for those of you who don't know me well, I don't do drugs. Couldn't if I wanted to. I'm an expat.

Also, Missus, that does sound quite cool.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys.

Something happened today that inspired me to write some song lyrics. Basically, a guy in my class that I never really pay that much attention to smiled at me, and my heart fluttered. With the track record I have, I don't want a crush this year. The title of the lyrics will be Shut Up! - telling my heart to stop being stupid (my lyrics are written in a way that anyone can relate to them).

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Technically I have like 10-15 minutes before I really have to leave for class, but I'm probably going to take off in like five. I'm going nutty, so I need to really get moving around. ...Today is going to be interesting.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking up agents again.

Is it crazy that I'm looking at a lot of American agents, even though I live in the UK?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'd take any agent no matter where they were from as long as they liked my book and wanted to represent me!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Email = wonderful thing.

Does anyone believe in fortune cookies?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
nope sorry dont believe in them at all. I'm not a superstitious person about anything like that, horoscopes, fortune tellers, none of it.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I got one free with lunch today, and it said "Your wish will be fufilled soon."

I hope that means what I think it means...

Status
Not open for further replies.