Status
Not open for further replies.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I'm paying $40 for 3 hours. It would be much more if I went with a service, but I could get someone else off craigslist for $30, easy. I like to pay a bit higher so I can get someone motivated. :)

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
If it were in my budget I would totally hire someone to clean my house every week.

So would I! I haven't the time or the energy these days. And this house, being old, seems to be harder to keep clean.
And when I say old, I mean 125 years older than the USA.

dawinsor

Dorothy A. Winsor
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I pay someone. When I started, I was living away from home all week for work and I didn't intend to come home and clean. Now I'm home all the time, but I don't care. It's money well spent.

It does bother me to watch her do it though. I leave.

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Whoa, y'all's house cleaners are cheap. Mine was $80 for every two weeks. She was amazing. Her company also saved me a ton of money on painting, flooring, and various handyperson tasks around my house. But I'm in Chicago. Maybe California is different.

I work from home, so I would always plan my gym outings around her being here. I don't know, I just felt like a jackass sitting in my office tapping away at my keyboard while she was cleaning.

I can't afford her anymore now that I own a house, which is really sad. I had her for so long that I forgot about basic tasks like dusting my knickknacks shelf. I had to dust it yesterday and I missed her so, so much.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mine is $55 for however long it takes her to do stuff. She also takes care of outside stuff and extra things like housesitting and watching the dogs when I'm out of town. She's been cleaning for me for over 10 years, for my aunt for even longer than that and has her own key and such.

ETA: Why is Ink dancing upside down?

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I hate cleaning and would pay for it if I could justify it, but my flat is the size of a postage stamp and I can clean the entire place from top to bottom in ten minutes, so I have no excuse. :tongue

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
ETA: Why is Ink dancing upside down?
Just that kind of day. I should have done a normal banana and an upside down one to better express myself.

Cleaning: I had a WIPiphany while cleaning last week, so I can't claim to hate it as much as I used to. It seems to have its uses.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I work from home, so I would always plan my gym outings around her being here. I don't know, I just felt like a jackass sitting in my office tapping away at my keyboard while she was cleaning.

I have zero problem doing this. I cleaned a public bathroom regularly when I was 14 and working in a deli, did housecleaning through college. I enjoyed it and now I feel perfectly fine passing on the bucks. ;)

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Bring on the upside-down dancing bananas!

I guess cheap housecleaning changes the equation. I'd love to have somebody clean because they do such a better job than me, but I can't afford the local rates. So squalor it is.

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
Bring on the upside-down dancing bananas!

I guess cheap housecleaning changes the equation. I'd love to have somebody clean because they do such a better job than me, but I can't afford the local rates. So squalor it is.

LOL Kell, viva squalor. I'm sitting here with a perfectly good vacuum cleaner and I just can't use it to clean the donut crumbs off my carpet. Ah well better do it before I get an infestation or something.

Also hee! Ink has good news and I know what it is <3333

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
I was debating getting some Pirate's Booty from TJ today. How funny :tongue

I got another full request today!!! That makes 3 (4 if you count that I'm still waiting for my R&R). 2 first 3chapter requests I'm waiting on too and 5 query R's but meh those dont' even bother me ;)

Okay off to order a pizza (half pineapple, half cheese) and hang with some friends.

*runs out*

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Vamp dust, Smiley!

Roly, you should talk, silly puppy monster.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you everyone.... It's not going to be easy... Mom and I are very strong willed people and there are always clashes between us. Plus my family being highly religious and me being the heathen of the family will make things rough but I do appreciate the assistance...

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
congrats, smiley! /bootay shake!

augh. there seemed to be a lot
of groups of parents standing around
and talking during my art volunteering
today. also in the office. i thought i heard
someone say "police" but i am anti-social
so i didn't bother to stop and do parent
gossip.

then, right before school pick up,
i got an email from principle saying that
a restraining order had been put on a father
in munchkin's old classroom. (they are
aged 6 and 7.) and the father sent a 10
page document to ALL the parents in his
kid's class expressing how upset he was
at the MOM for the restraining order and
anger towards her parents.

as a result, the kid has been pulled from
school until next custody hearing. but
our school still contacted neighbors, police,
neighborhood watch as well as hired
an armed guard to be on campus until
the next custody hearing.

this is the world we live in now.

i still think about all the victims from
sandy hook. it's been barely 2 months
since the shooting. can we make positive
changes with background checks and access?

since then, we've had multiple random shootings
by angry dudes here in southern cali almost
every week, it seems.

the body count, though, is so "low" it
barely registers. this is how deeply ingrained
gun violence has become a part of our culture.

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Smiley - congrats on the Full request. Vamp dust for ya!

(((Cindy and Munchkin))) I wonder if society is degenerating, or we just hear about this sort of thing more now. When I was a kid, I roamed the neighborhood, even biked miles away with no worry from my parents. But Lynne and I won't let Kiddo walk 2 blocks to school by herself.

Have you NO self-control? Get DOWN off that ceiling before I send you to your room!

We had a house cleaner, but she quit on us a couple of weeks ago. Apparently we weren't paying her enough. (Actually, Lynne got peeved a couple of times because she was supposed to come at a certain time and would show up whenever, and after the last "discussion" Lynne had with her, she quit.)

Also, does anyone else have to clean the house before the house cleaner comes over?

Lynne: I'm gonna cancel the housecleaning today.
Rick: Why is that?
Lynne: The house is too dirty.
Rick: :Wha:

Actually, it's more like - the house is too cluttered, with crap everywhere and out of place. I'm like - I really don't see the problem here.

Oh, and Cheetos - I like the hard, crunchy kind. Never heard of Pirate's Booty (at least not the cheese puff kind).

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
INK! RAT ROOL!!

(((((Caleb))))))) I am glad your fam is going to help you :)

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM Girl Scout cookes are sssoo nomy :)

EDIT:
I have a clenaing lady that just ... tides up every other week. Like dust and clean the areas I don't want to LOL. YES I clean up a bit before she comes. Even at hotels I do that.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Yes, cleaning rates do vary regionally. Learned that from a discussion once at RD.

Caleb, I'm glad you have family support. Are your dogs going with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.